Notices

Anyone????

Old 08-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone????

Originally Posted by insptech
The computer cannot adjust because it has no O2 sensors. Most of the engines are tuned "fat" enough t not cause a problem. I lost about 2 mph from my boat with 502 MPI's-no other changes.

You need to know the specific gravity of the fuel if the new fuel is lighter the engine will run leaner. Tyler
Old 08-30-2006, 08:52 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the e-10 loses 3 to 4 points of octane 4 to 6 weeks. starbrite makes a product called startron it helps but can not stop all the negitive effects.do a search on this there is alot of info,not all good.they say it runs about 3% leaner. alchohol can absorb 100% of it volum in water. it is electricly conductive.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Do all the states have the same fuel or is it just certain states? The states that do have it,are they the same blend?
MD
Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In answer to the question,will the ethanol loosen sediment and clog up the fuel system,the answer is defenitly YES!I fought with my fuel sytem the better part of this season.I finally opened up my tanks and you would not believe the garbage in there.I had no problem last year.I had Junk in there that would actually clog my pickup.After cleaning the tanks The problem was gone.