Super Duper Saturday

Notices

Super Duper Saturday

Old 02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

Trent,
Sorry that you have to go, I havent taken any cheap shots, but because you dont like the truth dont be mad at me. I will agree all organizations have issues. the problem is the sugarcoating that you want to apply to your organization, and by facing the truth it can only help you.

[QUOTE] After several e-mails and PM's from other racers [QUOTE]
I too have recieved some e-mails and PM's, and have recieved some phone calls and they didnt say nice things about you either!
[QUOTE]
You never being a racer, would never get a full understanding of that. [QUOTE]

Sorry to dis-appoint you there, but I have run a few and there was more than one other boat in the class!

So again Trent to much sugar isnt good! Be safe.

Sorry to disappoint you, you arent going to be my hero!
Mine are to the Men and Women of the Armed Forces,
which I Proudly served with for 22 Years Protecting Freedom Of this great Country!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Pete has raced a bat boat on more than one occasion. He has worked on more than one race team and has been around the block a time or two. Everyone here has an agenda, most of us want it all to end up in the same place, that being OFFSHORE RACING being more mainstream. A lot of people seem to put there own spin on things and read too much into stuff. I was at the race with my girlfriend watching some of my friends racing there boats. I watched the race with Pete too. Trent we were standing about 5 steps from you the whole time I guess I should have said hello but you looked busy with you headset on with whom ever you were talking to. It was said we all race where we feel we get the most out of it , I have raced everywhere in the past 14 years and I know choose to support the OSS in anyway I can. I really don't know what else to say other than some people are looking way too far into things. For hells sake Pete filled his dually with fuel and drove about 6 hours round trip just to put up some pics for the world to see and you guys bash him. His photos were some of the first ones posted and the quickest publicity the race got. I know Pete has to go overseas soon for work so he is trying to get his fix of racing while he still can. Some people would whine if he posted pics with no captions but most people like the descriptions. *****ing about him saying adding insult to injury ......get a clue thats what ANYONE would say about what happened to Lucas..... Sometimes we all get the mob mentality, but all Pete did was post some pics and captions of the race. I was there on the beach with him the whole time my thoughts on ALL his captions are dead on from what we saw as it happened. I will say that after seeing the Freeze Frame DVD of the race it did shed more light on some situations but for the most part what he said was spot on from what you could see from the beach. It's always the same group of people the post one way or the other on here some of us really need to get more of a life unfortunately for me I am still waiting on my new boat. But for the rest of you lets all try to be more productive.......I challenge one of you to pay your own way to Biloxi , bring you cameras , take pictures and the time to post them and caption them ANYWAY you want and I promise you Pete won't attack you and you opinions.......

Last edited by Ryan Beckley; 02-13-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

steve, I personally am very tired of your negativism. i have reviewed MANY of your postings and a very high majority of them are so negative and one sided that it is getting sickening. Once in awhile you do produce what I consider a valid posting with points that are worthy of comment. I have read, and re-read Pete's initial post with the pics and personally I do not deem it counter-productive. "Insult to injury" is a common phrase used in the english language and what should he have said...come on......to further worsen their day?, to makematters worse? Maybe no caption would have been better, but alot of us that could not attend wondered what happen to this great team. He did not attack them, he pointed out that they ran aground. MAn, you would not hear NASCAR drivers whine about a reporter using phrases or commentary unless they were slanderous. I never see you cross over to see races at OSS events because you are too bitter against them. IRL and CART are making up slowly, maybe it will or wont happen here, but you need to lighten up and enjoy racing and life.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will probaly get ripped for my comment, but here goes. Banter like this is just bad. Bad for the sport, bad for friendships and bad for competition. I think we all race for the love of it, the fun and the competition. Additionally, from those that I know and the majority of the posts on OSO, pretty much everyone agrees that the more boats the better the racing. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that any organization is filled with a bunch of jack azzes. So if we are all interested in racing and agree that it doesn't matter if you are OSS, SBI, OPA, POPRA or whatever, why not pick a place in the middle of the east coast, say Virginia or NC, and have a race open to everyone. Make a no excuse race, no fees, no equipment fees I don't even care if it is no purse. Lets just have the biggest race ever and everyone shows. Well?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are all freakin unbelievable!!! I honestly thought this was gonna be a thread for race pics. Silly me. So then when your called on the carpet you start sayin "well he started it?"

GROW UP!!! I am so sick of everyone preachin "for the good of the sport" then making posts like the ones on this thread .....

Nobody was ever taught if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all? Shame on you guys .....

Last edited by Racegirl3; 02-14-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

She's our Team's Director of Media Relations........
Old 02-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

A lot of people who have been in this game for a long time are very bitter. I hope I can keep my mouth shut and just race so it won't happen to me.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
She's our Team's Director of Media Relations........

Old 02-14-2007, 03:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Steve Miklos
It would have been easy to pick on the OSS event in Las Vegas the beach was empty the water was flat the pit conditions less then perfect. No one said a word, why? It was boat racing in a top market while it did not go as it could have it was what it was.

Steve
I have to laugh...

Because I think when it was announced that they were going to race out in the middle of no where, that was the 1 word I heard a lot of people use.

"They are going to put a race on in Las Vegas...."

I know my reply was, "Why ???" Then I realized, BECAUSE THEY CAN !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Super Duper Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.