Throttle-Up Barracuda Prop >

Throttle-Up Barracuda Prop

Notices

Throttle-Up Barracuda Prop

Old 02-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle-Up Barracuda Prop

Throttle-Up Propellers has announced a new line of propellers with a radical new design that promises to become the standard for racing applications.

The new “Barracuda” propeller is a combination cleaver – round ear six blade with alternating blade type and diameters mounted on a can hub.

In back-to-back comparison testing, the Barracuda has produced 2 mph increases in top speeds over the conventional six-blade design.

The Barracuda was developed by Matt Croce and his Throttle-Up staff to give improved mid-range and top end performance. During testing, the propellers show that they act like two separate types of propeller at different speed ranges. At mid range engine speeds (3000-4000 rpm) the propeller acts like a mild mannered guppy improving ride comfort without the need for increased trim.

Throw the throttle forward and the Barracuda transforms from the mild mannered guppy to predator attack mode. As speed increases, the clever blades lift the stern of the boat reducing wetted surface and accompanying drag. With three blades working to carry the bow, and three blades lifting the stern, the result is higher top end speed, lower propeller “slip” numbers and better control.

This is one impressive propeller design…producing very impressive performance results.
Attached Thumbnails Throttle-Up Barracuda Prop-pict0727sml.jpg  
Old 02-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

I am so looking forward to running this prop, we were going to test it in Hollywood but the sea was to big for us to get any top end numbers! I will tell you it looks impressive and I am sure it will perform like the other CNC'd proplellers we have been running. In Hollywood our RPM's were only 10 off per side through the whole race now thats awesome work!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Cat's out of the bag. Matt and Julie, get ready to ramp up production.
SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

I'm not sure how many people realize that Throttle-Up has developed 5 new propeller designs since they started manufacturing CNC propellers....what......5 months ago.

That's a lot of new designs in a short period of time.

From Matt's head...into the computer/CNC machine....onto the boat.

No other manufacture comes close to this kind of R & D.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Registered

Hey Kenny, you might just want to call them World Champion propellers! I will not run anything else from hear on out!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys! The NEW "Baracuda" propeller exceeded our expectations. On the correct application it is truely and amazing, FAST Prop! Faster than our original design. We have released this propeller and are taking orders now! So if you are looking for something different and need a couple more MPH to stay out front, give us a call and customize a "Baracuda" just for you!

Julie
Throttle Up Propellers
Old 02-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Julie, can I trade in the 3 I just bought before the worlds? I know tec. moves fast but in 3 months my props are out dated. They do look very interesting.
MD
Old 02-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered

Hey Randy,

I hope you are staying warm up in the arctic! The Baracuda is indeed a fast propeller but I don't think the SVL will be able to run the propeller successfully. It induces more stern lift than than the 6B you have run in the past. This propeller works very well on SV and SCL's, which typically run great with 6B props.

Julie
Old 02-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks for the input Peaches. I would still like to try one for the heck of it.
MD
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Load her up and head on south for a little dose, of Southern Hospitality!

Julie

Quick Reply: Throttle-Up Barracuda Prop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.