Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FunHome
Which ones did you guys get???
SINGLE LAYER NOMEX
Old 05-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boats used in Class-1 have A/C's?????? If they don't, I might have to add something to my dictionary. (I'm not fluent in English so I have to use my "J-E" dictionary when I write something on here.)

In my dictionary....it says......Americans: fun, funny, cool, crazy and TOUGH people.

It seems like I might have to add this later..... Americans: Tough people but Europeans are "tougher than Americans".

In auto racing, it gets really HOT in their "enclosed cars". It sometimes gets over 130. (I'm talking about "GT type of cars".) Some drivers get dehydrated and become really delirious and groggy druing a race in summer. They still have to wear driving suits and most drivers have full-face helmets and they also have to wear Balaclavas. Although, they wear this thing called "cool shirt inside" and have a drink bottle in their cars.

This is for those who are saying "It's hot in my boat."
http://www.coolshirt.net/index.html
This might be the best choice for "boat racers".
http://www.coolshirt.net/racing-port-a-cool.html

There are some Mechanics suits that look just like driving suits. Those suits would keep you a little cooler than Nomex driving suits.
http://www.rallylights.com/Sparco/CS_PRO_TEAM.asp

You know what.......if it's called "RACING", we shouldn't even be talking about stuff like this. It's so lame. If it's "dangerous wearing driving suits in boat racing", European boat racers wouldn't be wearing them, either.

I think it's time to make a change!!! (not to my dictionary, please!!!)

Last edited by tacobellprop; 05-01-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smiklos
Ken

I had Robbie and Jay drinking beer and watching. They wanted to hit me in the head with a 2' x 4' to simulate the accident.

Steve
That sounds like those two !!!! Dave
Old 05-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smiklos
While there have been a few unfortunate accidents for the most part auto racers do not concern themselves with drowning.

I am all about marketing. But safety must alway's come first. The car guys are safer with fire suits on. In boats that is not always the case.
Steve
I must have seen more than 50 accidents(Flipping and landing upside-down going over at 100-130mph) in "F1"(OPC) boat racing. But I've never heard of drivers' complaints such as "I almost drowned wearing driving suits". And they all FLOAT in the water. Plus, with the type of life Jackets they wear, it's harder to get out of cockpits when landing upside-down in the water because you are kind of pushed towards the bottom of the seat already. But they all manage to get out of the cockpits and FLOAT. (They have to wear "old-school" type of life jackets. They can't wear "pull-it-yourself" types)

They do have "harness" problems and other problems that might make drivers drown but never have "I might drown if I had to wear driving suits" problems!!!!!!

Why do I hear such a thing only in the States??? I mean you don't hear such things like this anywhere else in the world.

Wearing driving suits is not just for marketing and being "KOOL". It would protect you from getting cuts. When you blow-over or barrel-roll at a high speeed, your arms and legs would be flying in your boat.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PAroXqMLO84
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lg-Vv2Qu5Dc

Last edited by tacobellprop; 05-01-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F1 drivers wear lifeline float suits
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
F1 drivers wear lifeline float suits
Yes, they wear lifline "capsule" pants/jackets. Although they have less flotation, it's still hard to get out of the cockpit when landing upside-down in the water.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered

Taco, you might want to check the ACO/FIA regulations. I believe that A/C has been mandatory in GT1, LMP1 and LMP2 for at least a year. I guess those guys who run LeMans are sissies too?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Taco, you might want to check the ACO/FIA regulations. I believe that A/C has been mandatory in GT1, LMP1 and LMP2 for at least a year. I guess those guys who run LeMans are sissies too?
Yeah, I heard about that but like you said, it's a new regulation. I don't think it's been mandatory for "years". Don't you think they made that regulation because it's dangerous getting dehydrated during a race??? If you know that regulation, why don't you start talking like "maybe it should be mandatory in offshore racing too, instead of saying "we don't want to wear driving suits"........Some offshore racers do have a different and weird point of view from normal racing/motorsport guys.

Who said anything about sissies??? Didn't I say auto racers wear cool shirts and have drink bottles??? I had to bring up that tough talk because it seems like there are people who don't know much about "Racing". Maybe people are not getting my point because my English sucks???......I guess that's just too bad for me.

OK. I am tired of this talk. Why the hell does everyone have to be like "G.B., Hey, I just don't like it" in Offshore racing in the States??? Since I am an American wannabe, I don't really want to talk like that but I really had to be ironic on this one.

I'm done with this. It's cool with me as long as they don't tell anyone that they RACE boats because they are not REAL racers. If they still think they are racers, I am just speechless......

Sorry to those who are true and real racers in the States but I know you are feeling me.

End of my story...............

Last edited by tacobellprop; 05-01-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tacobellprop
OK. I am tired of this talk. Why the hell does everyone have to be like "G.B." in Offshore racing in the States??? "Hey, I just don't like it". Since I am an American wannabe, I don't really want to talk like that but I really had to be ironic on this one.

End of my story...............

Taco...You may want to re -consider bashing one of our top competitors and good friend..... in our sandbox. He's a unique guy and as far as I'm concerened has the racing credentials to be his own person if he wants too.

This is a public forum but that kind of talk sounds like sour grapes because he's kicking ass over in Class three.

reconsider how you are trying to get your point across.

Last edited by Maximus; 05-01-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by racesdad
Peppers racing went to a school in greers ferry, and a V A Hospital in biloxi, i have done alot of these things over the years and when i walked out with my driving suit on, they looked at us like we were really racing professionals, like we are. i cant wear ours in the boat, but when we climb out of the boat, the suit is right there and we put them on.if we had a/c we would wear them in the boat
Sweating like crazy, getting snagged exiting the boat, extra wieght to swim with when water logged. I'm with Mike, we race with shorts and shirts to keep us from getting chaffed from the belts, as soon as we get out of the boat we put our uniforms on. This is a very important thread as we are all aiming to elevate our sport. I guess it boils down to the individual circumstance of each boat. One thing in our favor is boat racers are the best looking racers of any sport!!

Quick Reply: Mandatory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.