Notices

Bad loss

Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone. I cannot believe that I am this age and tears are still rolling on my face . Honestly I lost B.J.'s dad in 1987 to a car accident and we were best friends since we were 13 and thats the last time I felt this bad, even my grandparents made more sense as they were happy and very old when they passed away. A good friend of mine who still works for me in the Copelands Resteraunt concept lost both his parents to a heart attack and cancer and his little brother (who was managing a Popeyes at the time) to a car wreck in 9 months and I remember asking him if the pain ever got any less and he told me that "it always hurts as bad when you grieve but the good memory's seem to outnumber the time of grief day by day" It made as much sense to me now as then and helps a lot. but there is a catch in this one, I keep trying to think about all dogs go to heaven and wondering if there is anywhere in the Bible that hints that animals have a key to paradise but knowing in my heart that they probobly weren't constructed that way, and yet it doesn't feel like that to me. What a sissy, even my kids aren't half as bad. but it really does rip out a piece of my heart. I guess it is easier to express on this board and forum , because you are not facing everyone as you write, I did get to pass out for a long time last night. I am truly grateful for your thoughts and support , Thanks a lot really.

sw
Old 08-10-2007, 06:53 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy

Stan,

As always. we are all here for you and your family.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stan,
Sorry to hear about your loss of a best friend, when you have time will you please send me your e mail address somthing I would like to talk with you about.
your friend and fan
Dennis Proctor
[email protected]
And please say hello to BUCK and give him our best
Old 08-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Registered

Stan, Sorry to here of your loss. I have a yellow lab (Jake) and can not even think of the day when he passes away. Dave
Old 08-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Stan, I'm so sorry for your loss....anyone who has pets know they are family...its a horrible feeling.

Bob
Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Registered

Default Your Loss

Stan & Family:

Gary & I read about your precious family member you lost. We both had tears and of all people, no one can relate more than I can. Loved your story, feel your pain. They become such an important part of our lives and family and it hurts so much. Of course none of us have a minute's guarantee so we just have to live it as it comes. A year from now you will still cry when something comes up but thank goodness or else you would not be the same person anyway. Hope to see you in Orange Beach.

Becky Nichols
Old 08-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sorry for your loss stan .
Old 08-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

So sorry for your loss. The following was sent to me when I lost a beloved dog.

Hope this helps a little............

The Rainbow Bridge:

]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 08-12-2007, 08:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

vinolvr,

Nice 1st post!

That already helps me for when the inevitable comes for my lab.

Thank you for posting....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-13-2007, 08:49 AM
GJL
Registered

Stan,

The loss of your friend brought tears to my eyes. I have lost two Mastifs and feel your pain, the tears never seem to stop.

The gentle giants are really special and own your heart.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It will always hurt but things will get better with time.

Deepest sympthy to you and family.

George Linder

Quick Reply: Bad loss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.