Notices

Intro to racing!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intro to racing!

I am 24 and live on the west coast. If I wanted to get into racing offshore on a limited budget doing a couple races here and there, what would be the best bet. I was thinking of maybe buying something along the lines of a 29' Warlock (used) for around 50k. I doubt I would have the ability to get any sponsors for a while so I would be paying out of pocket for everything. Any suggestions or should I just let this dream go and get back to reality?
James
Old 08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look up reindyl powerboats and sign up for one of their canopied raceboats. You can rent one for a race and see how you like it and see how the whole atmoshpere works. Ive been threatening to do it now since i signed on to this site. It looks like a ton of fun and a good way to figure out "whats next"

CD
Old 08-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy222
Look up reindyl powerboats and sign up for one of their canopied raceboats. You can rent one for a race and see how you like it and see how the whole atmoshpere works. Ive been threatening to do it now since i signed on to this site. It looks like a ton of fun and a good way to figure out "whats next"

CD
That's a good start and also volunteer to help out with some of the teams and be helpful and gain respect. Dave
Old 08-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
I am 24 and live on the west coast. If I wanted to get into racing offshore on a limited budget doing a couple races here and there, what would be the best bet. I was thinking of maybe buying something along the lines of a 29' Warlock (used) for around 50k. I doubt I would have the ability to get any sponsors for a while so I would be paying out of pocket for everything. Any suggestions or should I just let this dream go and get back to reality?
James
Just jump in, if you want to do it, DO IT!! You only live once and regrets are the hardest things to hide from when you get older.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:46 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Let me give you some advices. I am no racer but huge fans of Offshore Boat Racing. I did volunteer to do work at St. Clair as Dry Pits Staff...It was great and I learned a lot. Be sure to help other teams, keep things clean, make sure races go smoothly, and all that...teams will recognize you for what you have
Old 08-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lease a bat boat and then buy one. That's exactly how I did it. They are the safest purpose built race boat on a budget.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Registered

How much was it when you leased the boat and how did it all work?
Old 08-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
How much was it when you leased the boat and how did it all work?
It depends on where and what race it is. I lease mine out for $1000-3500 a race. As with anything, some of the boats are in better shape than others so do your homework and ask questions. You can PM me or call me at 810-305-8787 and I will answer any questions you have.

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 08-16-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

the bat boats are a good start if you've never done it or have a boat that is race ready.......hang around the pits and ask the organization if you can help out in any way......get to know the race teams and you will be amazed at how much help you will get to help you along..................
Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Wahoo- you lease out the cat?????
Sorry, no. The bat boats are perfect for it. They are safe and nearly unbreakable.

Quick Reply: Intro to racing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.