Notices

Friends and Fellow Racers I need your help

Old 10-04-2007, 09:39 AM
JT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friends and Fellow Racers I need your help

Dear friends and racers,

I would ask to consider a very specific request on behalf of RPM (Jim Black).
As you may or may not know RPM (racing Performance Ministries) is not supported by any organizations except the racers who know Jim. The donations to keep RPM going come from those in the racing community, that care about its mission and what Jim does for us and how God uses him to provide the needs of others thru Gods word. Unfortunately the majority of donations come from a few people. My Pastor here in Fort Lauderdale has always told me the bigger the Church gets the more the people think things are getting taken care of. This being said is why in the Church they say 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people. Jim may be your only Church.

We have a great opportunity to further enhance the donations. One in the racing community has made the offer to match any contribution that comes thru this letter. This would be a great time to give. Your financial contribution is needed now more than ever. I know we don't like to get solicitations but this is different, Jim is a wonderful guy that God is using for us.

When I first met Jim thru Motor Racing Outreach he came to visit a race. At that race Jim told me "John this is where I feel I need to be". From there we went to the next race in Washington North Carolina and introduced Jim. Two or three of us met with him and the ministry has grown ever since. God tells us that when we freely give our tithes and offerings He rewards us. I know the difference and changes in my life that have come from accepting Jesus in my heart. I know Jim touches the lives of many of you, and so much more can be done. He is always available when needed. As you know there was a tragic helicopter accident recently, and Jim was one of the first to arrive at the hospital and meet with family at that time.

Let me ask you to give a donation and to also consider supporting RPM on a monthly basis. Visit www.go2rpm.com, then the info link, and you can arrange a convenient way to give. You can also mail a donation to :

Racing Performance Ministry
1750 Opal Lane
Belleair, Fl. 33756

Whatever you do is greatly appreciated. Thank you for considering this request. If you are unable to do anything we understand, perhaps in the future. He can always use your help and he is available for you.

Sincerely,

John Tomlinson
Old 10-04-2007, 09:42 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are reading this section of the website I am sure you are familiar with who John Tomlinson is, and the importance of Jim Black in our sport.

John Tomlinson and TNT Custom Marine were a huge part of the success of Offshoreonly and I am forever greatful for that. JT, as we refer to him, rented me discounted office space at TNT Custom Marine when OSO was in its infancy stages. He also allowed me access to his shop to take pictures, learn from his employees, and see his trade secrets -all of which helped in the growth of the site.

For three years I was involved in racing from a support perspective and have had first hand experience with Jim Black and as the racers and fans know, his role is vital.

JT is one of the most respected people in the Offshore World and when he steps up to ask for assistance with something, I will be the first rise to the occassion.

Offshoreonly has just made a $1000 donation to RPM and Jim Black, I hope others feel the same way and will donate whatever they can afford to give.

Here is a link to the paypal donation:

http://www.racingperformanceministries.com/Donation.htm

Steve Schuble
President
Offshoreonly.com
Old 10-04-2007, 10:41 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

At the beginning of each race season, I make a substantial donation to Jim Black & Racing Performance Ministries. He is without a doubt the best communicator and most genuine "Man of God" that I have ever known.
As every racer knows, it would not be the same if we were to go to a race site and not have Jim's comforting words there. Please help with your donation if you can.
With this post, I will be sending another substantial donation to Jim & RPM.

Dave Scott

Last edited by KiloKat; 10-04-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

Talk Offshore is proud to support Jim Black and RPM and will be sending $1000.00. Jim is a real credit to our sport and a comfort to all the racers while always being there for the families in difficult times. Thank you for all your work.

Drew, Martin and Charlie

Last edited by TalkOffshore; 10-04-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim would make sure to visit with us, and many others I expect, before every race to offer his love, prayers and support.
Thank You,
JimFriends and Fellow Racers I need your help-dsc00013r.jpg
Old 10-04-2007, 12:36 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Will get it done, See ya in Nov.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered

roger that
Old 10-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Pop
Over 25 Years of Service
Gold Member

Jim Black has help the STARS Rescue Team more than I can remember, he always paid us a visit before we went out on the course. He is truly a person that you can go to in a time of need.

We are having Jim as our guest duirng our Chattanooga race. We will help in every way that we can.

Thanks Johnny for this post, very uplifting.

Pop
Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 819 Likes on 605 Posts

Freeze Frame Video is Proud To Be Part of OSO ,Talk Offshore And All Of The People In The Offshore Family, We Will Be Making A Donation Of $500 to RPM & Jim Black Today .. Jeff & Eve Gerardi Freeze Frame Video

Last edited by FREEZE FRAME VIDEO; 10-05-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Peppers Racing Supports Jim And His Rpm Ministries Since Day One. I First Met Jim When Matthew And His Mom Was Killed In 01, And He Has Been Close To Every Accident With People We Love Since. H. He Is A Great Friend And A Great Leader In The Word Of God. Jim I Am Titheing $100 Per Race Every Year. I Love You And Thank You My Friend For Being There For Our Family And Us Racers.
Mike Stancombe
Peppers Racing

Quick Reply: Friends and Fellow Racers I need your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.