Billy Mauff's Return >

Billy Mauff's Return

Notices

Billy Mauff's Return

Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Billy Mauff's Return

I posted a general poll yesterday that was deleted. It was pretty basic and asked if offshore racing benefited from Mr. Mauff's retirement. The e-mails received today have been interesting, maybe more interesting than the results of the poll would have been.

Simple question - Is Billy Mauff retired from racing or not?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's no secret, Billy has sent his entry to race in Key West.

So, it appears that the answer to your question is...No...Billy has not retired...just moved on, or perhaps joined back up with an old friend who shares a lot of history with him during his early racing career. Billy and JC go back to the days when Billy raced in Argentina.

Besides, Billy and his wife June where married in Key West. It makes a nice (and romantic) anniversary to go back to the place where your new life together began, especially when that place is as exotic as Key West...congrats Billy and June.

This coincides with rumors that the Merc truck will also be in KW this year. An employee from Merc has confirmed the they are planning on being in KW to support not only the 850 teams but also any team running Merc equipment.

Let's not make a big deal of this. Many racers have retired and come back to racing. Everyone who has ever raced Offshore knows that once you do it...your hooked.

Welcome back Billy...good luck, be safe, and may your memories be filled with all of the good times with friends and family.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I'm excited!!!! He will be racing with the Jay in the JEM boat in chattanooga in the 750 class..Some think he will put the bigger motors in boat to chase the BUDWEISER and Sterling team ,since no other 850's have signed up...It was a cool wedding in Key West...June is a great person...
Old 10-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,709 Likes on 3,785 Posts

Did he really ever leave?? No! he just resigned from his position with OSS! Which certain people were elated and wanted a few more to go! he has been around for a long time and has the passion for the sport.

As for the Mercury truck, there will be 150 plus poker run boats there, and has been a proven merchandise seller at these events as they have also done numerous poker runs supporting thier 1200, and 850 motors. As for race support they are the best, quite simply put!

good luck to all, hope I can get there for the weekend.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious, that's all...........................
Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats why its a free country and open forum...fans deserve to know whats going on....

Pete you going to Key West??? I heard Page isnt? Is that true?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,709 Likes on 3,785 Posts

i am going to try and make the Sunday race, not 100% on it yet. Dont know If Page is going or not, I know they are going to Destin.

There are a couple of teams that are attempting to do both Destin and KW, certainly hats off to those teams!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hope Billy Mauff doesn't retire. I have enjoyed watching him race for many years and he is a credit to the sport.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KenD
especially when that place is as exotic as Key West...
exotic? you need to get out more.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just an f.y.i. re: exotic parts of KW.......

First there was Sunset Key........now there is the new BEACHSIDE...... (used to be Holiday Inn Beachside) on the right as your entering KW, where we used to have the awards party.
If you get a chance, stop in and see it.........you will find exotic. Grand opening next week.........

Quick Reply: Billy Mauff's Return

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.