Notices

A question for all

Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,722 Likes on 3,791 Posts
Default A question for all

In another thread, a statement was made about "Hot ECM's",
Now knowing the sport isnt the latest sensation sweeping the nation, and the fact that the prize money while it helps, surely doesnt cover the expense! Add the fact that there arent that many boats entering the arena. WHY?? would someone CHEAT??? I personally dont think, It is happening. I believe that a higher standard of integrity is being displayed by all the racer's. How would a cheater prosper in a sport that costs a good chuck of change to begin with.

And when its all said and done, the competition all leaves???
and you have no one to race but yourself???

This isnt directed at any team or boat, just a plain simple question.

Last edited by Pete B; 10-29-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete its really not that hard to understand...most cheat because the know they wont get caught..ECM's are the worst to tech on ANY engine..A good electronics guy can outwit any inspector..why do think NASCAR doesnt use them or fuel injection...it isnt cost..Inpection has always been a trouble spot..you have to keep things simple..What inspector can download any ECM into their laptop at the crane??? If you tighten the TECH it would solve most of your question. cheating happens in ALL motorsports at all levels including NASCAR...Work on inspections and the problem will go away..its a orginzational problem...
Old 10-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It helps you sell Fou......boats
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,722 Likes on 3,791 Posts

Tony,
I understand that they wont get caught part of it, the real question is why, does it make them feel better??
Old 10-29-2007, 03:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete B
Tony,
I understand that they wont get caught part of it, the real question is why, does it make them feel better??
Pete,

when you get the 100% correct answer to that question, you would have figured out the cure for cancer and we will be racing as one!

Trent
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all about ego to run at the front
Old 10-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Default Ecu

I would think ecu's would be pretty easy to tech and control. I assume you are refering to the factory power classes with the 525. Cant' tech provide everyone with a new ecu before the race? Or maybe there can be a bounty on a contenders ECU, such as buying the winners ecu after the race in return they get the ecu from whomever is buying there ecu.
Thanks, Cam-shaft
Old 10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Registered

I think that Rum Runner captured the "why's", all I know is there is nothing more gratifying that beating someone who is cheating.

Years ago, after winning a midget race, the 2nd and 3rd place cars protested my engine. Four hours later after the engine was completely torn down it was deemed legal and well under acceptable tolerances.

When they were walking away my girlfriend at the time, heard one of them state, "he must be cheating, hell were cheating and his is beating us"

Hard work will beat cheating every time. If you spend the same amount of effort improving your team as you do cheating so you do not get caught, you would get that little bit extra it takes to be a champion and you would not have to look over your shoulder.

Even in the Bat Boat we were always accused of cheating. No one could believe that we would beat them the way we did within P4 speeds (old P4 79.9) and beat them by so much, they did not understand that we could turn our boat at WOT and much tighter, thus every corner we would put 100-200 yards on them.

While the race would be a blowout, their boats probably had faster straightaway speeds.

Thus instead of spending one minute about what others are doing, stick to your program, believe in yourself and do what you can to make your boat/car, etc run it's best. If you do that, evenetually you will even the playing field and win. You will know you earned it and taking that checkered flag home will be much sweeter.

Rick
Old 10-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered

We had lots of opporrtunites to cheat - never did. When we won races we felt good about it.

The interesting thing is there is almost this twisted kind of admiration for ceaters - especially those which find a way to beat the system, where people kind of find it intreguing instead of condemming them.

Almost like they are something special.

Gregg Reichman
Old 10-31-2007, 05:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The grey area is probably cheating if explored ..rules are all about interpretation...Ask Chad , crew chief of lowes race team about grey areas.. Again Pete why not keep it simple..what other high end motorsort has fuel injection,boost controllers,multiple coils, propietorty computers,and more wiring on a motor than your house..look at these motors of successful motorsports they keep it simple.. Alot of cheating is done for the edge,but alot of racers believe working the grey areas is racing..there are super sharp individuals out there to catch 99% ..most orgs wont find these guys again orgizinational problem....

Doug need a bunch of parts for key west...ive been trying to call u ...

bidpro you have a great point...

cam-shaft...simple data loggers and strict fuel testing will eliminate most

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-31-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Quick Reply: A question for all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.