Notices

Bob Burlingham

Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Burlingham

It was tremendous shock and terrible grief that we have received the news that Bob Burlingham has died in an auto accident on his way to Key West.

Bob was the Crew Chief of several top Offshore Race Teams, a former member of Mercury Racing's X-Site Race Support Technical Team, and one of the most knowledgable, talented, and passionate members of the Offshore Racing family.

Professionally, Bob is known for his abilities setting-up and fine tuning some of the best Offshore boats ever built. Personally, Bob was known for his giant heart. Bob was one of those people that everyone who meet him immediately became a friend. His warmth, kindness, and zest for life would just reach out and grab you and not let go. I am honored to say that he was my friend.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Linda, sons Bobby and Greg, and grandson Little Bobby who he loved and cherished more than anything.

Words can not express the loss we feel with the passing of our friend. He was supposed to be on Duval Street tonight, celebrating life. Instead, we have spent this day remembering his life and how he touched each of us in his own way.

May you rest in peace my friend.....you are already greatly missed.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our hearts are with you Linda , Bobby, Greg and Little Bobby.

Bob we will miss you so very much my friend. I thank you for touching my life and I am grateful for the time I had with you and will remember how your smile could lift the spirits in a room.

Godspeed Bob...Godspeed.

Julie & Matt
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our thoughts are with Bob's family.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

My thoughts and prayers are with Bob's family.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Rip
Old 11-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

neal wobbe called and told me of this tragic accident yesterday while i was flying home. we are deeply saddened by this horrible news. bob was a great person and freind to most of us who knew him. he will be greatly missed by peppers racing, zipp express racing team, and all his offshore family and friends.
my condolences to bobs family.
mike stancombe
Old 11-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Very sad to hear.................... I had the chance to work with Bob in C-town for 3rys. Not only will the Racers miss him but, also the sportsman on the North Coast. For those that might not know he was an avid fisherman, phesant hunter, and duck hunter. He loved when those cold days of fall arived and hunting season started. RIP.
Hang in there Greg, Glen, aka. young man. I hope you keep the boating tradition going.
My condolences go out.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

RIP Our thoughts are with Bob's family
Old 11-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

That is terrible news. I didn't know Bob that well but everytime I ran into him at a race he treated me like a good friend...and always smiling. I know I'll miss that.

God bless his family during these times.

Sean

Team Gallagher Offshore Racing
SBI/APBA P5-99
ww.tgor.net
Old 11-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

We have lost a VERY good friend. Bobby B , May you rest in peace and look down at us and laugh at us. God Bless Linda, Greg and the rest of the family at these hard times. I spoke with Bob the last time on Sunday night...his final words to me were, (I'll have a beer ready at Rick's by the tree)....this was tough and is still tough....i'll type more later. This hurts. Dave

Quick Reply: Bob Burlingham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.