Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Haggin made a post.....
Old 05-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by racesdad
Come On Guys, Where Are All The Big Boys? This Is Ocean Racing At Its Finest
Fair warning.........After looking over the proposed assembled field, and reading all the bravado, I must say honestly that I still feel that my boat will win.

Single engine 1963 Formula 233. Originally raced by a guy by the name of D. Aronow.

Remember, there are things out there like, how fast is the Gulfstream flowing north that day......if you get it wrong, prepare to have dinner in Freeport.

The Bahamas cannot be seen from a boat until you are there. They are vey low lying to the water level view that we will all share. (No helicopters allowed ahead of the race boats for navigation help)

Haggin, as Navigator, your job becomes the most important of all, the other guys are just along for the ride.

So below is the view of the boat I am racing in, that some of you will have on June 20th. The rest of the field will be enjoying the high life in Freeport or.....ok just say it....BERMUDA.

Seriously guys, you are going to just love open ocean racing, especially when you look around for 360 degrees and see nada and no one will know if you cut back on the throttles except your crew. That is the time when your real character inside comes out. The spirit of Don will be riding with every competitor out there.

Thank you so much for making this possible to honor one of the real pioneers in the sport we all love so much.
Attached Thumbnails S I B To Bimini Run-formula-233-cigarette-004-small-.jpg   S I B To Bimini Run-formula-233-cigarette-006-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 05-24-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Great Post Top.

Hey TOP one other little secret,(This is not as easy as one may think). Those fancy GPS units and digital compass's are pretty much worthless at the speed the big boats can run. You'll be chasing yourself in circles reading #'s. Trust me ... you should hear the tape of Scotty wearing me out on the Long Beach Rum Run . Funny

Hint. The "old guys" party the night before should provide you with the navigation tools (tricks) that will get you there and back) hopefully just ask the right questions...The more cocktails you buy them ...the more secrets you get

M

Last edited by Maximus; 05-24-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximus
Great Post Top.

Hint. The "old guys" party the night before should provide you with the navigation tools (tricks) that will get you there and back) hopefully just ask the right questions...The more cocktails you buy them ...the more secrets you get

M
This is just another example of.... "Old Age and treachery will beat youth and reflexes every time"

The party is planned for Friday night...AFTERthe race is over.....you can still buy the drinks though !
Old 05-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My Navigational skill's.....................

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Fair warning.........After looking over the proposed assembled field, and reading all the bravado, I must say honestly that I still feel that my boat will win.

Single engine 1963 Formula 233. Originally raced by a guy by the name of D. Aronow.

Remember, there are things out there like, how fast is the Gulfstream flowing north that day......if you get it wrong, prepare to have dinner in Freeport.

The Bahamas cannot be seen from a boat until you are there. They are vey low lying to the water level view that we will all share. (No helicopters allowed ahead of the race boats for navigation help)

Haggin, as Navigator, your job becomes the most important of all, the other guys are just along for the ride.

So below is the view of the boat I am racing in, that some of you will have on June 20th. The rest of the field will be enjoying the high life in Freeport or.....ok just say it....BERMUDA.

Seriously guys, you are going to just love open ocean racing, especially when you look around for 360 degrees and see nada and no one will know if you cut back on the throttles except your crew. That is the time when your real character inside comes out. The spirit of Don will be riding with every competitor out there.

Thank you so much for making this possible to honor one of the real pioneers in the sport we all love so much.
Gent's,
With My Navigational Skill's................
Everone following WAZZUP, better bring their passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God only know's where we will end up?????
Freeport, don't we get point's for getting there and holding down the bar for 24 hour's, right?
I'l bring the American Express Black, just in case we all end up there!!!
It will be one hell of a good time, no matter where we end up!!!
Love,
Haggen
Old 05-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by John Haggin
Gent's,
With My Navigational Skill's................
Everone following WAZZUP, better bring their passport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God only know's where we will end up?????
Freeport, don't we get point's for getting there and holding down the bar for 24 hour's, right?
I'l bring the American Express Black, just in case we all end up there!!!
It will be one hell of a good time, no matter where we end up!!!
Love,
Haggen
" Offshore Race Turns into Island Bash"

A world renowned offshore race "the Don Aronow Classic" Turned into an all night party when all the racers passed on the return leg. The leader John Haggin navigating the Wazzup boat directed the fleet to Bimini where the teams partied "like rockstars" at the Bar at the End of the World where most had stapled their underwear to the ceiling they finished the party at the Big Game Club watching the sun came up. None of the boats occupants had their passports and the US Immigration Service is in investigating what laws may have been broken. Last reports are Baron von Swartz and John Ban Ali Haggin were seen commandeering a Chalks Airlines seaplane in search of more RED Stripe beer.

Last edited by Maximus; 05-24-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Registered

" Offshore Race Turns into Island Bash"

A world renowned offshore race "the Don Aronow Classic" Turned into an all night party when all the racers passed on the return leg. The leader John Haggin navigating the Wazzup boat directed the fleet to Bimini where the teams partied "like rockstars" at the Bar at the End of the World where most had stapled their underwear to the ceiling they finished the party at the Big Game Club watching the sun came up. None of the boats occupants had their passports and the US Immigration Service is in investigating what laws may have been broken. Last reports are Baron von Swartz and John Ban Ali Haggin were seen commandeering a Chalks Airlines seaplane in search of more RED Stripe beer.
Rockstar ur gettin soft cuz that was weak ! I'm gonna staple ur underwear to the ceiling while ur in it & then leave with ur girl.
Then I'm gonna tell all dem old dudes to BACK IT THE PHUCK UP ! cuz the garbageman is here to go honor that badass mr A and win that race

Last edited by GARBAGEMAN; 05-24-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN
Rockstar ur gettin soft cuz that was weak ! I'm gonna staple ur underwear to the ceiling while ur in it & then leave with ur girl.
Then I'm gonna tell all dem old dudes to BACK IT THE PHUCK UP ! cuz the garbageman is here to go honor that badass mr A and win that race

Oscar the Grouch .... Now all you have to do is back all that smack talk up?
Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Registered

Oscar the Grouch .... Now all you have to do is back all that smack talk up?
? is do u think I can ?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Registered

We are still waiting for all you talkers to SIGN THE ? UP !
This the race everyone wanted to have a chance to run ! Now here it is only 4 weeks away and still only the best have signed on the dotted line and comitted !
We have worked our tails off to prepare this race with the safest & best medical plan to date ! We have 5 SEA TOW boats on course ,18 patrol boats ,medical boats with safety divers ,birds with divers and even a fixed wing with a command center over head for a constant view of the waters and race boats!What else can we do ?
So whos Attending ?Still no Apaches !

Quick Reply: S I B To Bimini Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.