Notices

UIM IoTA WPPA

Old 05-29-2008, 11:26 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up UIM IoTA WPPA

UIM - WPPA - IOTA…MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER
Wednesday, 28 May: “All of us in the UIM, the WPPA and IOTA are convinced that what has been achieved together is in the right direction and interest for our sport and will cut any attempt to damage our solid and long-lasting cooperation.” said UIM President, Raffaele Chiulli, after attending last Sunday's Hypo Group Montenegrin Grand Prix in Budva to endorse the agreement that has been signed between the sports World Governing Body, the WPPA and IOTA.

“I was really honoured and proud to be in Montenegro as the UIM President and to be there with everyone as one large and strong family,” he said. “As you know, on 19 February this year in Dubai, in an open and constructive atmosphere, I as UIM President and Saeed Hareb, as President of the WPPA, announced to the world of powerboat racing that a preliminary agreement had been signed to have Class 1 professionally managed by the WPPA under the aegis of the UIM after a year-long absence.

“And I was happy to be able to announce in Budva that a conclusive agreement has been signed by the UIM, the WPPA and IOTA. This was a very significant occasion for everyone involved, and I take the opportunity to specifically thank the WPPA President, Saeed Hareb and the IOTA President, His Excellency Sheikh Hassan bin Jabor Al-Thani for their appreciated efforts to redefine the Class 1 family.”

Speaking on behalf of the WPPA and IOTA, Marco Sala said: “We are delighted to be able to have concluded this matter in the best possible way, given that all our objectives have been achieved with the realisation of the WPPA and with the signing of this Agreement”.

I got this from www.class-1com

pat W