Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Its almost Worlds time again! >

Its almost Worlds time again!

Notices

Its almost Worlds time again!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not Sure of the years that were combined since then. 95 was a big one maybe 120 boats, some many A boats they split the singles and the twins in to separate classes. 04 was combined too.

It is hard to combined all the chiefs, rules, supporters.

I still hope it can happen. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Real Easy. Get Together, Most Rules For Classes We All Have Are The Same, And Race. We Own This Sport Not apba/sbi , Opa, Bwora, Or OSS. The Racers Own It.
Without The Animals There Is No Circus.
Remeber That .

Last edited by racesdad; 08-07-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:30 PM
psmith
Gold Member

Good point Mike...
Old 08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The point is, if people wanted to do what's right for the sport, this would be very simple to do. Just a LITTLE bit of give and take is all that's needed.

Personally, I'd like to see the right thing done for the sport as a whole.

PS - Some of our teams will always race in Key West and that's fine, we don't OWN anyone. However, a few extra went last year because of the rumor that Disney was going to build on the Mole and it was to be the last year of racing in Key West.

The fact is, the Florida Powerboat Club is who really puts the heads in beds so the town doesn't care how many boats race. The Poker Runners will come no matter what.

There was no 10 demands this year. Just a desire to sit down and discuss the matter to everyone mutual benifit.

Last edited by Ron P; 08-07-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

To be World Champion would not the class have to be raced under the same rules in all orgs here, and over seas?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Jen and Mark, At a "All In" joint Worlds there has to be some give and take. As an example in our class SVL we would most likely allow the Vortec motor to race in SVL. There would be extra tec. to insure equal play but those are some issues we all have to trade off to have EVERY boat in SVL come out to see who is the best. Again as an example there is a possibility of having 10-12 SVL's show up for the big one. You want a World Title, EARN IT AGAINST THEM ALL AND HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH.
MD
Old 08-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

St. Pete had some where around 100 boats in I think 2002. There will be another World Championship race there this year again. I believe OSS will have a true open invitation to all teams that want to race against everyone. They will open the doors to Spec class racing and P class teams as long as there is a desire for racer's to participate. Reg. fees and other issues are all open for discussion to get this back on track.
Poli has a burning desire to unite all racers in several hugh events. Lets make this the best Worlds ever!!!!!!
MD
Old 08-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Not Sure of the years that were combined since then. 95 was a big one maybe 120 boats, some many A boats they split the singles and the twins in to separate classes. 04 was combined too.

It is hard to combined all the chiefs, rules, supporters.

I still hope it can happen. Good luck.
Either 94 or 95 (I think 94?), we made the start coming out of Key West Harbor with 40 boats in 'A' Class. Now that was some fun racing to the first turn! I think there was 28 boats in 'B'.

That year the Worlds was a combined APBA and US Offshore deal with John C/SBR running the show...

I'm thinking 95' was the year we moved to 'B' Class and came around the harbor turn to find Ron/Will - the Mr. T Phantom team going for a swim? A lot of boats and good racing that year as well.

Next came Fabio Buzzi with some incredible equipment and A and B Class went down the toilet.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

What ever year that was I was in a Factory 1 . We came home with a second place trophy and I had half a roll of duck tape over my t-shirt holding all my busted ribs together. I was busted up but no way was I going to miss the Latham party on the end of Duval.

After all these years I still remember how great a ride that was.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, Do Something About It. Tell Them You Want Everyone In Key West, O S S, A P B A, O P A , P O P R A, Or We Dont Go Either . See What Happens.
Pm Me, I Will Tell Ya.
The Phone Will Start Ringing

Quick Reply: Its almost Worlds time again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.