Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
SBI/APBA, OPA, OSS  Can we grow together? >

SBI/APBA, OPA, OSS Can we grow together?

Notices

SBI/APBA, OPA, OSS Can we grow together?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Mike we have know each other for sometime and I felt we always got along.....and the first 2 rounds are on me at the tree bar....

And I have never said Ron has not tried to work something out....but they are at least talking....I believe Ron is coming to Key West at least to play some golf which I would also guess to talk to some folks.....

Would it be great to at least do 1 race at everyone elses race site...yes....But I will leave that up to Smitty to handle....

But if you really look at my posts....I don't post to stir the pot....I post to stop all the bickering....

See ya in Key West....
Is Ron going to the race site with an invitation? I have no knowledge of what's is going on here but if a leader of a competing sanctioning body comes to a site without an invitation a warm reception is not guaranteed.

When Mike and I wanted to meet with JC we did it off site. For JC the racers are his customers. Having a competitor on your site talking to your customers is not ideal or professional and certainly not the way to get a deal done. If an invitation is in place and meetings are scheduled that is an entirely different subject.
Steve
Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Then stop being a politician! I on the other hand have no choice because I am running for the OSS board.
MD
Well Randy thats great....but I would hope one of the things that you put foward in your new job....is that everything you guys work on with the other Orgs are done directly threw the Presidents of the Orgs and not aired on here....or this ORG is killing us and won't compermise....Every org will never see eye to eye on everything......but even if there is a little progress....its more then we had yesterday...and leaving all the talk to Smitty, JC and Ron....and let them work on things....but we all know it will not change overnight...we all know money is tight right now....so desition may be made that some may not agree with....and hopefully if that happends we just continue to move foward and not bash each other and set us back another year.....

I hope that I'm not sounding like a politician.......but just a guy who wants to go race....

Last edited by MANITIE; 10-08-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
I am not getting negative on the sport but to think a sponsor with in the boat manufacturing relm is going to come out with a large $$$ sponsorship is a little un-imaginable. With boat sales falling and gas prices going up and the current state of recession/depression that our country is in I do not see it coming from the Marine segment at all. I work in the industry and no of many layoffs, consolidations, and closures going on in the marine industry currently. I would really like to see a big $$$ sponsor come but the latest economy is not showing this to me to be true. Sorry did not mean did get negative. Just kicking in a little reality.
Dennis I agree but the most logical sponsor path is the most direct sales.
tier 1
Boat manufacturers/propulsion manufacturers/vendors/ trailers etc
Tier 2
Tow vehicles /support equipment/oil companies etc (in boat racing alcohol!)
Tier3
Most any product that consumers purchase.

When things take a turn for the worst you scale back to core business. An example while Mars/Wrigley could leave or downsize in NASCAR Ford, Chevy, Dodge and Toyota will stay as long as financially possible.
Another example:
In a down market a small well priced catamaran manufacturer could do very well if they ran even 3rd place in spec racing. Several top 3 finishes against the established more expensive brand could really sway some buyers their way.
Steve
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
Is Ron going to the race site with an invitation? I have no knowledge of what's is going on here but if a leader of a competing sanctioning body comes to a site without an invitation a warm reception is not guaranteed.

When Mike and I wanted to meet with JC we did it off site. For JC the racers are his customers. Having a competitor on your site talking to your customers is not ideal or professional and certainly not the way to get a deal done. If an invitation is in place and meetings are scheduled that is an entirely different subject.
Steve
I'm not looking for a warm reception. In fact, I don't expect any reception at all. I'm looking for warm weather, good racing and a round of golf with some friends.

I also have no meetings set nor plan to have any meetings while in Key West.

If anyone wants to call me to try and work things out, my number hasn't changed. I've extended the olive branch to all groups only to have my hand slapped for trying, so I'm done. Now it's someone elses turn. At least I gave it a shot.

Ron
Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered

Ron..

Thats all you can do....what ever the reasons are should really be between You, Smitty and JC...I guess all we can do is leave the door open for comunication...It may not be yesterday or tomorrow...but as long as the oppertunity is there for all....will see how things come out...

As far as Key West gose...I think its a great start that ever Org will be represented....It may not be on everyones terms....but the oppertunity is there and maybe we will grow from here....

I wish I had some time to play a little golf in Key West....Me and Jim Black are always talking golf....maybe we will get a change soon.....

See ya in Key West....
Old 10-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

what day are we talking golf? i might be there thursday
Old 10-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Mike I think Ron was talking about Saturday....I know he posted times in the SBI/APBA section

I just check there other post and Ron posted tee times are a 10:30 on Saturday

Last edited by MANITIE; 10-09-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
I'm not looking for a warm reception. In fact, I don't expect any reception at all. I'm looking for warm weather, good racing and a round of golf with some friends.

If anyone wants to call me to try and work things out, my number hasn't changed. I've extended the olive branch to all groups only to have my hand slapped for trying, so I'm done. Now it's someone elses turn. At least I gave it a shot.

Ron
Agreed...someone else needs to step up to the table and put some food on it...Ron didn't have to post on here at all, but he did..for the betterment of the sport, and that makes him the good guy! This isn't going to be easy...but think of how far our sport has come....then think of where it's going. It's in your hands!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P

Ron

Ron! Thanks for trying to make a difference, it is appreciated by many.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Now What? I Am Coming To Have Fun And Maybe Run In The Poker Run No Racing. Sorry To All Our Fans But Hey, We Will Be There.

Quick Reply: SBI/APBA, OPA, OSS Can we grow together?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.