Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
In a Perfect World how would you set up the race classes? >

In a Perfect World how would you set up the race classes?

Notices

In a Perfect World how would you set up the race classes?

Old 10-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Yes Gino,

Yes nice,
That could also work next season for joint races. I understand most sites want 2 days of racing.
HOLY CRAPP JIM......DID YOU JUST AGREE WITH ME ON SOMETHING.....ITS GOING TO SNOW.....
Old 10-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Hey Rick...

In 2000 the 24 Baja Outlaw raced in F1....and today could race in Class 6 if they wanted to give it a shot...and a 28 Sunsation use to race in P-5 in APBA in 2002....so today they could run in Class 5....you could do a try out period...1st race is $200 to race...if you return your $200 gose to your equipment fees and you then pay the balance.....

I would like class 6 opened to 29ft and under, but a trophy only class with no purse.
Offer up 2 races seeing as it seems there are always 2 races close to each other like
St. Clair and Harrison, Ocean City and Cambridge, Pt and NY. This way a guy can
Really get a feel for racing.

And but opening up the size to 29 and under you open your possible market 28 sunsation,
25 Sunsation, 27 Fountains, 29 Fountains, 28 Velocities and so on.

Buy keeping the class as a Trophy you would help cut down on the Sandbaggers and bring out some newbies that after a year may step up to 5 and maybe even up again.

I guess that would be the closest thing to developing a “feeder class”

I'm not saying this is perfect, just putting it out there..
Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 PM
KANTSTAYAWAY

Kantstayaway....this is the way the ABPA use to run there Org in 1999-2003....so it has been done and can be again...not all your P-Class racers can make ever race...the never did...but most of your Pro Series guys did....
OK I fell in love with youre sport at that very time . Probably why I am still pestering you all .

Never the less . The ' PRO SERIES " SUPER CAT - SUPER V SERIES " whatever you want to call it needs too have teams be responsible to show up at ALL events . That builds a fan base , which attracts sponsors .

however a major sponsor will not show up for a while . You need to prove youselves .
i,d be surprised if they could find youre current addresses .
That sounds really mean I know . I dont like saying it .but change is a daily event here .

A lot of great people in this sport right now .

So I guess " in a perfect world " .......you wouldnt have to listen to me .

Old 10-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Registered

Joe...I agree...but to a point...

Of the 90+ race teams today....how many can afford to race in a Pro Series Class....
and lets remember....Is P-5 class marketable....YES...in 2000-2003 F1 was one of the biggest Offshore class and had the most TV time becasue of its marketabily......
Also look ever seas...they have over 23 boats in a HONDA Series running 27 foot open cockpit boats runnning 225 Honda O/B's with its own series....outside of Class 3...its there biggest class of Offshore racing over there....
F1 IS NOT P5. F2 is NOT P2...those DAYS ARE OVER! NOT worth talking about. it's done, it failed the test of time... not coming back. POKER-RUN boats have more of a show. it's not going to take too many more people being killed and poker-run will be done!

marketable yesterday does not mean it's marketable today. The class you mentioned ARE NOT BEING marketed GLOBALLY. P1 in Europe is reaching out to new markets, such as China.

"how many can afford to race in a Pro Series Class"....DING...it's PROFESSIONAL RACING.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

PRO-Series=pay for the entire season up front or surcharge for preregistering during the season. NO at the race registration. It's how other forms of PROFESSIONAL RACING do it. Get your $hit together, if you consider yourself a pro. Ya can't run a true pro series with a bunch of maybe's and what-if's from any angle.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by audacity
PRO-Series=pay for the entire season up front or surcharge for preregistering during the season. NO at the race registration. It's how other forms of PROFESSIONAL RACING do it. Get your $hit together, if you consider yourself a pro. Ya can't run a true pro series with a bunch of maybe's and what-if's from any angle.

Not to seem like I'm being a smart @ss or something...but we did that in OPA....paid all fee's up front but we had no entree fee's all year....but I see what your saying in Org that have entree fee's....
Old 10-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KANTSTAYAWAY
OK I fell in love with youre sport at that very time . Probably why I am still pestering you all .

Never the less . The ' PRO SERIES " SUPER CAT - SUPER V SERIES " whatever you want to call it needs too have teams be responsible to show up at ALL events . That builds a fan base , which attracts sponsors .

however a major sponsor will not show up for a while . You need to prove youselves .
i,d be surprised if they could find youre current addresses .
That sounds really mean I know . I dont like saying it .but change is a daily event here .

A lot of great people in this sport right now .

So I guess " in a perfect world " .......you wouldnt have to listen to me .
I agree with you too.
The classes with committed full season racers are the show. It doesn't matter how many, but how many do every race. That is where the marketability comes in.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:53 PM
KANTSTAYAWAY

[QUOTE=audacity;2712425]

JBS Racing has been working on REAL TIME VIDEO from the boat to shore for a year and a half. JBS Racing has spent a great deal of money on developing the technology. We are looking to advance the sport. This focus will put us on the cutting edge of marketing relationships between motor sports and Corporate America for racing seasons to come.

We will then cascade this technology to other teams. Starting with the UNLIMITED Class. JBS Racing will HELP bring offshore racing to the next level.

"QUOTE]

I left this alone hoping some one else would do it .

The above is the original AMF format ..

While i wish the LLC. had survived . It did not . It died with a piece of me .
Neverthe less At a boat show in atlanta another guy picked up the ball and ran like hell .
He found a sponser and has been doing for four years What you are undertaking .
You should team up !

Old 10-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
I would like class 6 opened to 29ft and under, but a trophy only class with no purse.
Offer up 2 races seeing as it seems there are always 2 races close to each other like
St. Clair and Harrison, Ocean City and Cambridge, Pt and NY. This way a guy can
Really get a feel for racing.

And but opening up the size to 29 and under you open your possible market 28 sunsation,
25 Sunsation, 27 Fountains, 29 Fountains, 28 Velocities and so on.

Buy keeping the class as a Trophy you would help cut down on the Sandbaggers and bring out some newbies that after a year may step up to 5 and maybe even up again.

I guess that would be the closest thing to developing a “feeder class”

I'm not saying this is perfect, just putting it out there..
We don't need a feeder class. If someone wants to race and
has the financial backing to do it, P class racing offers 6 classes for them to race in. Offering a trophy class won't
bring in any new racers. P class racing as OPA has set up
is working in my opinion.
The problem lies with the "Pro Classes" There are too many.
NASCAR has 1 premier class. NHRA has 4. Indycar has 1.
Grand am Rolex has 2.
To most casual fans a catamaran is a catamaran. Why then
is there more than 1 catamaran class? Turbine, Supercharged, 850, 750, 525 etc... Nothing against the teams
in these classes, but why not one class with one engine package? Same with supervee. Only need 1 class there.

In my opinion:
Supercat Class
Super Vee

Everyone else P Classes 1 - 6

Rich
Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered

In a perfect world,

1. spec Org with national circuit and series sponsor

supercat class International rules
super V class international rules
Stock outboard class international rules
single engine V class international rules

2. Speed class org/s with regional circuits 6 classes

3. One worlds with all orgs/all classes

Quick Reply: In a Perfect World how would you set up the race classes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.