Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Estimated Race Season Cost ? >

Estimated Race Season Cost ?

Notices

Estimated Race Season Cost ?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by the way...happy to hear everyone was ok in that roll.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Just get your a$$ to some poker runs and see if you can still work the sticks!! Wish you could have made it to KW! See you next season big daddy.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Tony, we were lucky the boat had no damage from the rollover. The engines are with Mercury and they will be changing all the engine wiring and electronics, they have a "sinker" kit for this.

Doug will get the boat and touchup the hull side and transom from the bumper boats with CRC and Talk n Trash on Wednesday.

The boat is with JT (TnT) and they are re-rigging. My boat is very simple no gadgets and bling, so not that much wiring to replace, only have a Smartcraft and thats waterproof and still worked after the roll. Changed the radio and intercom in Key West and remember we actually raced 6-laps on Sunday albeit in and out of guardian mode as the engine wiring and sensors were screwed up.

Our first Key West was a big lesson for us, toatlly different from the other races we did this year. After, I was immediately ready to try again but I guess I'll wait until next year.

I'll see you on the race course!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Paraspinaldocs,

If you are still interested, the OSS Class Reps for Cat-Lite & 850SCI are Mike Stancomb & Jeff Harris respectively. Both are very Accomplished & Experienced Racers that could explain the Rules and probably most important the speeds these Boats are capable of. Also, the benefit of being an OSS Racer is that you always have a "SAY" as to what goes on in your Class by being able to Vote your opinion.

Ron Poli (President) can explain/describe the many New Race Sites, Heat Racing, Prize Purses, Registration Fees and the New Pro-AM Class. He also has available brochures/literature as well as statistics for OSS Racers interested in obtaining Sponsors for the New upcoming TV show in 2009.

David DePetrillo is Head of Safety for OSS. He is always available for explaining the Safety Requirements of OSS and the required equipment. His Team also offers Instructions for the Dunker Testing.

Jim Goerlitz of Mercury Racing is the best source for: purchasing Engine/Drive Packages, Props, Incentive Programs, Rebates Programs and Contigency Funds available to OSS Racers only. Jim as well as his Mercury Trained Techinicians are at every OSS Race as well as the infamous Mercury Racing Truck stocked with Parts, Props & Engines/Drives. Yes, Mercury Racing will LOAN an engine to an OSS Racer if they show up at a Race and cannot Race because of an Engine failure. They will also allow you to TEST props prior to purchasing.

Please let me know should you require the contact information for any of the above people. Or, feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.

Regards,

Raymond Contreras
Old 11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Guy Cost and Ray Delaney flipped there boat and were able to race just 2 days later. Thats impressive, but what is more impressive is they did it with a small crew and the help of Merc. ,Crew members were wife and girlfriend and some friends. Everyone thinks you need a big bad ass crew to race 850 Super Cat. I have seen these guys do a great job and win races on the smallest team out there. My hat is off to team Fury for running a lean mean kick ass machine. You guys are the $hit.
MD
Old 12-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by daredevil
think i need to run OPA and kick some A$$ to get my payback......

Another Class 4 Boat ?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

Thanks Randy, we are being forced to learn quickly by our competition, these guys don't give an inch. For sure next year we will make less mistakes and hopefully win more races. Sean H joined the team at LOTO and he was invaluable in Key West, I hope he continues with us, that makes the Team 4 strong now.... so maybe the wives and girlfriends won't have to clean the bilges anymore.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Another Class 4 Boat ?
I have told Scott he needs to come over and race OPA. But you know how stubborn those Germans are.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You got it, talk to Jim and get my number.we basically do everything in shop. Motors are done close and Drives are done by WEISMANN and Vern at west coast drives...you can really keep costs down like that..Tom A is close to u ..has a killer glass shop to repair the worst situations too...he would be happy if u stopped by and taked to him..All ORGS are pretty good all safety is good...mainly depends what kind of water u like...Your cat experience will be a good start...keep in touch

Guy ,sounds like all worked out great...call me and let me know where u plan on runnin next year and ill come out to play too...hey i had nothing to do with "give a inch stuff" i ussually leave plenty of room....as u saw the 750s can run pretty close to the big power of an 850..Over the winter maybe we can add 20-50 hp and get alittle closer...it would be nice to run atleast 6-7 boats next year...SEANh is very knowledge about all we talked about.. keep him hes pretty sharp...

Guy who is "these guys"" big boy in talkintrash????

md i thought i was your favorite....man

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 12-01-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 AM
Registered

Thats right Dumb Fox I ain't given none of you mofos an inch cuz if you give me one u might as well go home

Quick Reply: Estimated Race Season Cost ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.