Notices

Dyno Sheets

Old 12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let 810's (no point in calling them 750's huh?) run whatever heads they want and the 850's any props they want.... problem solved. that was easy.

really though, those guys control their own rules at least in OSS. If they want to change the heads, all they have to do is agree and vote on it. Now if they want to combine with the 850's after that, then both classes would have to come to an agreement on something, hopefully that can happen at some point.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

The reason you wont see that happening is Merc is in the business of selling motor's. That is what started the brake up in the beginning.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sterlings

HHMMMMMMM
the two sterling boys been quite!!

extreme your killing sean and i's dream of one day see a C1 type racing back in the states!!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Sorry guys welcome to the real world. U never know I could be wrong, maybe Tony can shed some light on that.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:31 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

mercury, sterling and the v-12 guys all run together over there (and competively, they all have wins this year), so we know its not them. it only leaves the people running the sport over here to blame, but I think we already knew that.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Registered

Sean,

U need to have a conversation with Tony, and I'm sure will have a different out look . Its not as simple as you would like to believe.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:18 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Sean,

U need to have a conversation with Tony, and I'm sure will have a different out look . Its not as simple as you would like to believe.
actually, I have talked to Tony. I know where most everybody stands on the subject.

Are there simple solutions? Yes. Will it be easy? No. But you have to start somewhere, and throwing ideas out there isn't gonna hurt anybody.

but with shrinking fields and a poor economy, the priemer spec class has to come together somehow, and the sooner the better. Hopefully there will be a couple races this year where they all can run each other again, that's the only way we are gonna figure out the best method to even up the two classes.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Registered

Sounds like a plan, be great to see them all running together. KW was great with both classes running at the same time.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys all all on the money...we can come out at 8000 lbs so i know we can make it interesting...but the 850 guys must agree....Xtreme your right...Sean you guys are fine with me...you and GUY are good guys to race...plus u have a open mind...I just think it can be like overseas where all run different packages and atleast TRY and make it work...I had alot fun in Key west with the 850s and know Billy had fun trying to piss with me... we had a valvetrain issue we will figure out with a trip to the SPINTRON this winter..it was our fault...You guys are all on the Right track...now if we can get some 850 guys to do the same...Dave call my shop 330-343-4900 and i help any way i can....Frank ill call u tommorrow...
Keep pluggin away guys , when the times get tough it slims the players down and its easier to deal with 6-7 guys.....
Dave its 810 at about 7100 and 640 down about 6000...we shift it around sometimes ...

I just like tuning are own stuff, the 850 is a good motor,just not my cup of tea...BUT if i can build an 850 like MERCURY said anyone could and run in the class i would.....

Does any one know the state of MERCURY's 850 deal, is the contingency money available in 09??/

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 12-22-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mercs

anyone know how the merc 850 looks on a dyno.
tony i would think some of the old timers in the 850 would be agianst it but but what about changing the weight around to get all the piston powered boats in one class.

let the 750's change the heads and make alittle more torque and keep them at 9500 lbs. or keep the current 750 spec motor and go to 9000 lbs.

let the 850's stay the same and get rid of the drive and prop rule.

make the extreme boats choke the motors down to 930 hp and weigh in at 10 k or 10.5 and see how it all pans out.

i know in the rough the bigger guys would have an advantage no matter what. but wouldn't it be better to loose to ten boats rather than win agianst only one or two.

with how the ecomony is going everyone should be pulling together to but on the best show possible to try to make the oss tv and tony's "supercat racing" more main stream.

Quick Reply: Dyno Sheets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.