Notices

Dyno Sheets

Old 12-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony, If enough of the class supports a rule change then the class can vote for the change, I think that if you, Jimmy and Tom were in 850 class now then it might be possible to vote for a rule change.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

i see...u want us to sign up 850??? steve u are correct a restrictor like overseas would regulate the hole deal..i talked about it mid year with steve curtis and mike from Sterling..
i cant get our boat down to 7900 to 8000 at the end of the race..I met Guy from Fury in Key west, Im going to try and get together with them atleast once this year..
Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered

Hey Dumb Fox answer the phucking phone !!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Registered

Default copy of the class 1

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
i would dyno anyones 850 free if they want....Skaterdave i would do any of those things mentioned...most the others in the class would agree too...Again we need to get all to agree to SOMETHING...Supercat racing gets a lot of hits from europe...it was made to showcase alot of the cats and hope in the future the big vs here in the states....you ideas of the 930 rule is excellent...we could get there reasonably...just got a new phone today dave call me...
tony, i cant take credit for the idea. i'm just twisting the class 1 rules to fit most of the piston powered boats are running today. the main problem would be some racers would not as open to this as Guy is.

as for the motors, i just back from testing at the engine shop i use and these puppies would fill the gap inbetween the 510ci and the 850sc. they make about the same hp as a sterling supercat spec motor, from what i have been able to find out. plus the make alot more torque, closer to what the 850 sc motor makes. and have the rpm range of the 510 motor.

plus these thing would cost about half what a merc 850 would be and the rebuild cost again would quite abit less

tony, the closest thing to the 510 motor in the automotive race world is a 472cu.in. big block modified. these are about the same as 510 motor, the major difference is probably the heads. also in talking with my engine builder he had a couple of blocks from CC perf. and he also happen to bring the heads you were talking about. anyway i found that interesting, it's a small world?? if you don't mind ask CC how many modified motors he build compared to supercat? i will assume that the cost for a big block mod motor is quite lower than the supercats. i bring this motor up because i know some racers personally that run the modified motors and race all year with one motor. rule of thumb is 20 feature races before rebuild. these motors new run about 30 -35 k. quite alot less then the blue motors.

there should be other options rather than a one engine manufacture rule. plus this would lessen the costs for some racers to run supercat. for what you could buy a 525 merc for in cat lite, instead you could run with supercat. this might add more boats, which would create more competion which would make the racing better. which would get more people interested in running supercat, which would have a snowball effect.
get it !
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

65 mm restrictors for everybody. Merc has already dealt with it before.

like the ole chinese proverb though, beware what you wish for.
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Sheets-40img67.jpg   Dyno Sheets-ngp_oslo-16.jpg   Dyno Sheets-ngp_oslo-17.jpg  

Old 01-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered

Sean ..yes we know they exist mike has a few of them too..as does mercury, but can will 850 guys use them..When u use these things it eliminates alot of possible "tweaking"...air in limiting...

Skaterdave..you on the right track...Chucky and Ed build alot of those motors and they do last..30 to 35 k is the cost of the motors...added cost to "marinize" them..ie bellhousing, water pump etc...Call me at my shop 330-343-4900..The SUPERCAT guys are looking to expand Supercat back to what it was. Alot of MISinformation out there...As u can see it can be more economically feasible than led to believe previously...
And Yes ALL manufacturers should Play...We would look at ANY engine combo proposed..the naturally aspirated motors are so simply.I do like the CATLITE deal for a beginner cat guy to get into and its reasonable but your right for the cost you can run SUPERCAT almost. We would like the 850 boats to compete as well...This separation thing is silly...You need to try the new heads...their 464cid make more torque than our 510's nice flat curve, ton down low..Chuck has said basically what u have done to bump up cubes and goes to the new heads...

Garbageman ill answer the dam phone call me...you ready to get you butt kicked this year...i went easy on you last year....

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 01-06-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Registered

Default tony

tony, i have to go with the garbage man on this one. you don't answer you phone. called yesterday and left massage.

as for marinizing, most of the stuff would be a one time purchase and other than drive plates the stuff should last form motor to motor. plus we're only talking maybe a few bucks compared to the whole package. and i know that the merc's come ready to drop in.

as for the heads, i'm sure i'll hear about if and when chuck takes a set out to the dyno. from what i heard the heads were good for another 30 hp on a modified motor. was that what helped CC put a modified on the outside pole at Syracuse NY?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Tony why stay with 510 ci, why not increase displacement for more torque, and lower rpm for more reliability, everything else more or less 750 spec. If restrictor plates can govern the max output anyway, then this seems to me to be a way to have an alternative 850 engine package.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

How long do the 750s normally last when racing?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:12 AM
Registered

Guy absolutely...i think a head .change would do great..i talked to mike from sterling back in septmber on this..class one uses the restristor with some success..we just have to run a couple times to fine tune it...
the biggest restrictor u have to deal will be Mauff...he didnt want to race me before or tom....

we ran 1 motor 5 races with 1 valvespring change...3 is probably best...valvetrain only issue with this combo...if we change the head we lose valve weight...it will certainly help...
we have never had a bottom end issue..bearings always come out like new...bobbyb a guy like Dean can do this package pretty reasonably. and there are some cool boats out there

Dave yes I'm pretty sure it was the new mtor..he had 3 built he was playing with..they are pretty cool pieces...th 30 hp is close...like i said his 464 made more torque than my 510s..

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 01-09-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Dyno Sheets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.