Notices

class one opener

Old 04-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave

if you think that the cbs deal will some how "get us there" than again your probably wrong. tv can't fix what wrong with offshore racing, only the racers can. and sadly i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Amen! It's hard to believe so many people share the same passion, but their are so many different ideas that keep it from moving forward. I know all the racers want the same end result (T.V. Race sites,Prize Money and Fans) to showcase their passion. It's hard to imagine that happening, until the The Big Three (SBI,OPA and OSS) go behind closed doors and merge their resources. Each series has it's positives and negatives and will always have them. I am afraid if nothing is done, it will end up like the The Big Three (GM,FORD and DODGE)
Old 04-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=daredevil;2852903]Dave, its NATIONWIDE !!!!

how many races did SBI cancel last year??
maybe if you told me sarasota was being televised, i might beleive you. i just can't see how this is going to pay for itself on the tv side. i guess reggie going to buy 20 mins of commercial time for the 1/2 hr show.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered

scott, next your going to tell us that your going to race in 18 plus races. you got more to think about than TV, remember the OPA dinner. you still coming up to Oc md to run with the jersey boyZ???

TV can't help you if your sitting in a lawn chair??

when i can go to cbs sports online and see the listing then i'll stop laughing and poking fun.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

[QUOTE][And the shows are 1 hour shows and all 8 races this year will be televised.
/QUOTE]

So do you think?? The Maimi race will bring in new viewers and they will be hooked??? 12 boats in XX classes is 12 boats! Class 1 only has 10 boats, but they are within the same parameters. As in the past TV shows they try and focus on boats actually racing one another, if you are tearing it up all by yourself you probably arent going to get the airtime you want or think you deserve.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Why is it whatever?? Its great to have TV, but do you honestly think people are going to be changing their plans, because 12 boats are racing???? Let's be logical, unless some form of unity is made, a reduction of classes, for the general public to understand it will not be a main stream event, no matter how much passion all have for the sport.

Boat racing and TV are in the entertainment business whether you like it or not, while it may be a great thrill for you to compete, if it isnt entertaining the crowd, well why continue to put money in other's pockets!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Scott,

Behave!!! lol
Pete is a good guy, he has his beliefs and his loyalties and nothing you can say or do will change his mind. Will CBS fix offshore. Absolutly not! (It is only a tool that could help us fix it)As someone said above, only the racers can fix this sport. As racers, especially those of us who have been around a while, we have been shown so many carrots its not even funny. You have to remember, the guys you are speaking to on these boards in this thread were not in Miami with us and didnt have the oportunity to meet with the Seminole/Hard Rock reps like we did. Sean and Dave are right, 11 boats isnt much of a show, but honestly more will be in Marathon and the kinks will be worked out by Sarasota. I dont know how the show will be shown, but with the Seminoles' name and money involved, I guarantee it wont be crap, they wont allow it.

Also on a side note, Sean lists KC/LOTO as his residence. Missouri is known as the"Show-Me" State its on all their tags. He is absolutly correct when he says show me proof.

This is a class one thread and it needs to get back to that topic, they have had some bugs through out the years but have seemed to work them out and I am sure that they dont have a bulletin board where they cry, complain, groan to each other. They pic up the phone like men and work it out, privately.

My suggestion to everyone, you will see more press releases in the next few weeks and we all should keep our comments to ourselves and get back on here in December and rate how this season went. Only time will tell.

Thanks Sean and Dan for the updates and Ned for the pics, keep um coming

Trent

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 04-26-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
U know what i used to tell my X-wife ??!!!

Same for u ,,, U TALK SO MUCH ,BUT SAY SO LITTLE !!!

Its not worth arguing or discussing this matter with u ,,because u know it all, U know what thousands or millions of people want . GOOD FOR YOU !!

Why don't u then take pictures of Birds , or something else ?? NO your at the race sites taking pictures of the view boats running and try to sell them ,,,WHY ??? if nobody wants to see us ???

Again
Let's start with " I know It all" Never once said that! YOU said that!

Second Its a open forum, I'll say as I please and conform with the rules of this forum. Been here a lot longer than you!

I take pictures of more than OFFSHORE BOATS, I take pics of all types or watercraft racing, as well as wildlife, Models, and whatever else I choose!

As I have said before IF I MAKE A BUCK OR TWO IN THE PROCESS GOOD FOR ME! I HAVE NEVER ASK ANYONE TO BUY SOMETHING THEY DID NOT ASK FOR TO BEGIN WITH!

I may not know what thousands or millions want, but that is not really what I concern myself with. when I shoot a race I am trying to portray a race, not One boat by itself! But its kind of hard to do when there is only one boat in the class!
Or the 3 that are in it break after a lap or two.

And last but certainly not least, why would you worry about me selling my Pics, YOU havent bought any, but like to take them from the Internet, along with the other photographers that shoot races and use them for your avatar's, etc, which is Stealing a copyrighted product. And I certainly can insure that any future work will not be here or any where else for the public to see, even if your the only boat running!

I am glad to see that you have learned how to use spell check, it certainly helps in understanding the jibberish you
spout.

As for your X-wife she is probably a lot smarter than you give her credit for!

Last edited by Pete B; 04-27-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete B
And last but certainly not least, why would you worry about me selling my Pics, YOU havent bought any, but like to take them from the Internet, along with the other photographers that shoot races and use them for your avatar's, etc, which is Stealing a copyrighted product. And I certainly can insure that any future work will not be here or any where else for the public to see, even if your the only boat running!
Pete,

For my own benefit and protection, in 2007 you told me that I could use your pics for marketing purposes, you even sent me a disk with Pics on it, which I deeply appreciate. You posted a pic on here from Sarasota last year and said something to the affect "heres a pic of Trent, he needs to get a sponsor on the white boat of his" . I am very careful and respectful of copyrights and have obtained permission from Armand, Jay and other various photographers, explained my intent and everyone said ok. If the photo wasnt taken by someone in my team, I have made sure to leave the photographers mark on the photo, in turn promoting that individual photographer and on the media page of my website given credit in the form of "Photos Courtesy of" before the photos are even viewed.

If your policies have changed from our original agreement, please let me know and I will remove them from my site. I wont choose a favorite but the photos that you, Sharkey, Doreen, and Jay take are incredible. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to cover us as racers and not drawing a line in the sand politicaly when it comes to photos. Let me know what you want me to do.

Trent
Old 04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Registered

wow shut up, I am impressed, you have butchered my post to read negativity into it. You must be a member of the media lol, why dont you go back and quote the whole post and not chop it up to meet your needs of just joining OSO under another screen name just to stir the pot.

Have a good one!!!!

Trent
TnT Racing
www.tntoffshore.com

oh the above was to show you how not to hide behind a screen name, I can be found
Old 04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shutup&race
Why are you against the media ?
I am not, I am against being misquoted and bits and pieces taken to suit your needs and/or motives. I dont need to hide behind a screen name.

Trent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.