Notices

Joint Venture

Old 07-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron P
Just to clarify, no one from SBI has ever spoken to anyone at the OSS office regarding this offer.

I like the way things are going with OPA and OSS right now, but it's always nice to be invited. I wonder if this offer extends to Key West 2009?
Ron ,
Who own the OSS name and Corp.? I thought you worked for OSS, I think Bill still has the right to do with OSS as he likes.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Registered

Its all good guys,just another ave. for the racers and gives them choices. No need to add drama !
Old 07-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 07-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh for the love of Pete!!!!
Why ( I say again) why can't all of the orgs get together on some common ground and put an end to all this your welcome to race with me or race with them crap.

I see and like whats going on with OPA and OSS coming together, it only makes logical sense for other orgs to contact them for "merging" details.

I really don't care what org is racing the end result from a fan perspective is boat are running on the water and the teams appear to enjoy it.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:56 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

I agree with Brian completely....

I dont give a damn about which org is racing but I support Smitty and Ron 100% but hey I am a huge fan....

Chris
Old 07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I think after St Clair we can put this all to rest and work on the future. Thanks for the offer JC.
MD
Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Easy Frank, OSS was started by racers for the betterment of the sport as a not for profit Co. Most founding members are gone but some very hard working people still have the same passion for what it represents. No One person has the right to do with it as they want. Maybe someone has there name on a piece of paper but that can easily be changed. I thought you said no need for drama!
MD
Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Randy,
Its all good hopefully it will help some teams, nothing more nothing less. I the hard time we r in now every dollar counts, the offer is on the table and the teams that take advantage of it great.
Best of luck to everyone and be safe. Hopefully we will see evryone in KW.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Ron ,
Who own the OSS name and Corp.? I thought you worked for OSS, I think Bill still has the right to do with OSS as he likes.
OSS is a Not for Profit corporation that is owned by the currently registered race teams. The organization is run by the President who reports to an elected Board of Directors.

At this time, Billy is a registered team member but not a board member. He can't bind OSS to a deal nor did he attempt to bind OSS to a deal with SBI. He simply worked out an option with John that he thought might be of interest to some OSS teams.

The funny thing is, this is similar to the deal I proposed in order to get all of the OSS to race in Sarasota....but was turned down.

Maybe if SBI would invite OSS and OPA to Sarasota next year under these exact same conditions, we could all race in one place at one time. If that's possible I would like someone from SBI to contact me directly and work out the details.

I believe Smitty and I are working together in the best interest of the sport. We invite SBI to do the same.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Registered

Good luck wish you guys the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.