Class 1 Boats Defect to USA >

Class 1 Boats Defect to USA

Notices

Class 1 Boats Defect to USA

Old 12-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aoteoroa
Bills main interest (Bill is Bill Barry Cotter who owns Maritimo) is safety and he is frustrated at the lack of interest in it at Class 1. They are giving the 11 boat a good going over as soon as it gets back to OZ from Dubai and going to put a whole bunch of new improvements in it.

While the other Class 1 boats are going to Brazil Bill was saying they will make some mods, run it in a few races in OZ and then head to the USA with Hassan. Bill has even more motivation than many out there to make sure his boat is as safe as possible as his son Tom drives the 11 boat, and Leslie (his wife) would kill him should something happen to Tom

I have known Bill for about 20 years and he has always been one of the most passionate boat racers I have ever known and a very vocal one when it comes to safety.

Ned
It would seem the recent Victory tragedy would bear out Mr. Cotter's concerns about the lack of attention to safety in Class1.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice video clip from Tom Barry-Cotter.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMIU3NDEFs[/YOUTUBE]
Old 12-20-2009, 03:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still I don´t see a landslide of Class1 to US if 2 teams choose to race few races.
I see it only as possibility to fill the field with new players and increase the boat number.
And I´d hate to see U.S. have a watered down version of Class1
It´s like substituting Formula1with Nascar engines...once that was called Formula5000
Old 12-20-2009, 03:18 AM
Registered

Love this clip with the "Catwalks" showing how loose Class1 boats are trimmed.
The way to run a cat..on the limit.
Good footage of Maritimo also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KodhVsWo1NQ
Old 12-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Registered

Mikey - Not sure what you are reading into my post. I didnt say all the Class 1 boats were going to the USA because they are not. I did say that Bill is going to run Maritimo in the USA next season with Hassans two boats, so whats your problem with that. Is it a watered down Class 1 series, not in the least. Is it two guys who decided they would rather race their boats in the USA - yes it is.

I just find it amazing your negative post when its actually a positive, two overseas Class 1 teams want to come and race in the USA and all you do is knock it down. Yours is typical of the attitude of why offshore racing is in the dumps. Look at the positives of it.

Ned
Old 12-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Registered

Well you´re header is provocative and my reply apparently in your eyes was also, didn´t mean it to sound like it.
All is Good.

I do not knock them down..
I went over to Key West this year and one of the reasons was to see Class1 boats competing against the U.S. opposition and I´d hate to see them get watered down to that level as thats probably what will happen if the Class1´s walk away like they did in KW.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

While I understand that our SUPERCAT series boats do not have the power that C1 has, I still think with some adjustments we can certainly have some good racing. I respect and envy any and all teams that can make the trip.I was quite impressed with the entire Qatar team. Not only are they very competitive, they were all "first class" gentlemen. I think If you ask Steve Curtis, given equal
equipment, there is plenty "qualified" talent in the US to be equally competitive. Also it was my understanding that most would run some races in the US and still run the C1 schedule. I will devote as much effort as possible to make
this as exciting as we can for the racers and the FANS.
Ned cant thank you enough for all you do and your support.

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 12-20-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
While I understand that our SUPERCAT series boats do not have the power that C1 has, I still think with some adjustments we can certainly have some good racing. I respect and envy any and all teams that can make the trip.I was quite impressed with the entire Qatar team. Not only are they very competitive, they were all "first class" gentlemen. I think If you ask Steve Curtis, given equal
equipment, there is plenty "qualified" talent in the US to be equally competitive. Also it was my understanding that most would run some races in the US and still run the C1 schedule. I will devote as much effort as possible to make
this as exciting as we can for the racers and the FANS.
Ned cant thank you enough for all you do and your support.
Hi Toni!

I like how you not only think of the racers but that you think of the fans as well, "I will devote as much effort as possible to make this as exciting as we can for the racers and the FANS". That is great Toni.

Race Fan
Old 12-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Ab I think our guys have been doing a great job reaching out to fans at the different race sites. Sometimes I get just as excited seeing fans interact with the racers as I do racing. We have met alot of great fans like yourself over the years and think it very important to our sport. To you and your family Have a great Xmas and New Year..!

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 12-21-2009 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Registered

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all of the teams, fans and sponsors of offshore racing.

Marty
SupercatRacing.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.