Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
want to start!!!!!!!RACING >

want to start!!!!!!!RACING

Notices

want to start!!!!!!!RACING

Old 02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well heres my two cents, I started racing two years ago with a 29' boat and had no idea what to expect. My first race was in Ocean City MD with the OPA. While driving down to the site all I could think about was not making a fool out of myself! I was trying to think about everything, where do I park, where was the pits, where will we buy fuel, etc. But let me tell you, once I entered the pit area I was overwhelmingly welcomed by other racers. Two in particular, first was Pat Reiter from Thunderstruck racing (Rest In Peace friend) and the second was Scotty B from Geico a true gentleman. Anyway these guys made me feel like I was a part of something great and a part of a family. During testing I broke my boat up a little and when I finally got back to the pit area and started to work on it, I noticed that more and more people were coming over to help. Louie was there from Strictly Business, Guys from Pappa-Dukes, pretty much everyone that heard that there was a problem with my boat came to help. Point being, come and race!!!! you'll never regret it!!
If you have any question PM me and I will try and help. Hope to see you out there!
Chris
Old 02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Registered

Well heres my two cents, I started racing two years ago with a 29' boat and had no idea what to expect. My first race was in Ocean City MD with the OPA. While driving down to the site all I could think about was not making a fool out of myself! I was trying to think about everything, where do I park, where was the pits, where will we buy fuel, etc. But let me tell you, once I entered the pit area I was overwhelmingly welcomed by other racers. Two in particular, first was Pat Reiter from Thunderstruck racing (Rest In Peace friend) and the second was Scotty B from Geico a true gentleman. Anyway these guys made me feel like I was a part of something great and a part of a family. During testing I broke my boat up a little and when I finally got back to the pit area and started to work on it, I noticed that more and more people were coming over to help. Louie was there from Strictly Business, Guys from Pappa-Dukes, pretty much everyone that heard that there was a problem with my boat came to help. Point being, come and race!!!! you'll never regret it!!
If you have any question PM me and I will try and help. Hope to see you out there!
I still remember your crazy ass out there testing on Staurday when the rest of us were sitting in the pits with our tail between our legs because it was so rough. Hats off my friend
Old 02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look for someone with race experience racing a similar boat to yours. Lease a seat for a few races this year to get to know how everything works. It will be cheaper and you will have more fun because you wont have to worry about everything while your learning. Once you get the hang of it and want to race your own boat, you will know what needs to be done and then you can build your team. If your want to start with your own boat/team right away, hire or find an experienced racer to throttle/drive for you.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats the average spenditure for a weekend with something like a 24 Pantera in P5/P6 as far as entry fees,fuel,truck fuel,lodgings,etc?
Just curious how affordable it is?

(I know it can vary depending on tow distance and where you stay but Im looking for ballpark numbers.)
Old 02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Superheat
Chris
Nice.......And what a great team you have brought to OPA. Thanks Chris. Smitty
Old 02-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered

Cool Round Britain Race 2012

Hi guys,

am new to offshore only and based in the UK (plymouth)
Have entered my boat in the RB12 race. 1600miles over 12 days. Joined the site as the boats in the states are amazing and prob need abit of help with mine. I got a Tullio Abbate 37 that used to run on Twin 454 on TRS drives. Need to re-engine with a pair of motors and trying to source a pair and get them shipped back.

Anyone with info on the boats or what they suggest i need let me know

cheers: