Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Would more teams come out and race a boat like this.... >

Would more teams come out and race a boat like this....

Notices

Would more teams come out and race a boat like this....

Old 06-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time
Am I the only one that thought of this after seeing that?
Yes...you need to step up the HP a little..

I even talk to Sea Doo...about building a 23' to 24' jet boat to have its own racing class....still was around 40k...and they were worried about liability and realiablity in building one...
Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
But Manitie, to answer your question, yes, you probably could get some people to get into racing that way, but I think it would have to be locally based (say just the north east). It might be hard for a guy to justify trailering a small boat like that across the country to do a 8 or 9 race circuit. My thinking is that if a guy can't afford a bigger race boat he (or she) may not have the funds to travel from the northeast to FL (or vice versa) to do a race and repeat that a couple times a year. I could be wrong though....
When I was looking at building this series...we had talked to OPA and bringing in our own prise money and race on Saturday on a 2 1/2 mile course...before testing....
Old 06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MANITIE
When I was looking at building this series...we had talked to OPA and bringing in our own prise money and race on Saturday on a 2 1/2 mile course...before testing....
Cool, keep us posted!!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Registered

If I was to look at it again...it would be with the ILMOR..but pricing would be around 65 to 70k....
Old 06-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Racer
Racer

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePzKpqMuORw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePzKpqMuORw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 06-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Registered

Make our runs in the Activator like were in a caddy compaired to these boats....
Old 06-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

One thing really stuck out watching those. Now that there is tv coverage... that is what the average guy in Nebraska wants to see when he watches boat races on tv, thats what the guy in Detroit wants to see when he drives up to St Claire for a race. Would you rather watch that going on at 65 miles an hour or watch a turbine mystic zip by comletely level and alone at 190?
Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered

I have to agree...the Dragon was fun to run....but after getting back into the Activator last weekend...I so miss this type of racing and relized how much I missed it...and just watching that video of those guys....got my attention to watch....to each is own...but watching 15 boats gutting it out in big water like that over 2 or 3 150 mph boats going by...it just look like it would be easier to promote the smaller boats....of course everyone wants to see crashes and ejections....but even watching these guys trying to stay right side up is fun to watch....

were is another clip of this series..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH1lZ...eature=related

Last edited by MANITIE; 06-07-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still can't fig out why they handle so bad.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered

Here is a good demo promo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4M9d...eature=related

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.