P1...how About This For Long Island >

P1...how About This For Long Island

Notices

P1...how About This For Long Island

Old 08-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1...how About This For Long Island

I know Martin is in charge of P1....but since there SVL is being suspended for now... since thats what I read...and P1 wants a big boat count...

Martin...how about doing a P1 race in OPA for the Long Island race in Class 5....and bring a 29 or 27 Fountain in also....

Randy is going to run in Class 5 in L.I. and there will be around 10+ boats in the class....
I'm not trying to step on anyones toes...but if the SVL's are not running and from what I read was the P1 wanted 9+ boats for the prize money....
Class 5 is the only class out here today that can bring that to the table...

also..look what else it brings in....

Hulls that are currently racing:
Superboat O/B
Superboat Y2K
Mirage
26 Joker
28 Joker
Activator
Krypt
DCB

Engines that are currently being raced:
Ilmor
Merc 525
Merc 2.5 OB's
Crocket Racing Engines
Sirrus Racing Engines
and at least 3 custom engines

4 Races and 4 differant winners:

You want 15+ boats in a class....this has the easy making of that....just by looking at the list of differant hull manufactures....and all be competitive...even if your running a 25 year old hull....its still competitive...

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-12-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh no you didn't!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Registered

Well..My thinking is...the P1 Series wants to get there name out here in the U.S. and while the SVL's are getting things worked out....the P1 Series can still get there name out there with a big class....the P1 rules are not out yet...so who cares what kind of boats are running with what power...as long as there is a big class with close racing in the mean time to associate there Series with...
I don't know if there is any politics going on behind the sceens...and personally don't care...if Martin has anything to help push Fountain or not...if he is then he could push a 29 or 27 Fever in the mean time in Class 5...if he dose not...then he still gets his 10+ boats in a race....and personally...I would not ever care if he had to bring in the SVL Fountian to Class 5 to bring in P1 in Long Island...it looks like it will just be them and Randy anyways...

and I hope you made me some popcorn to....

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-12-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:59 AM
Registered

LOL
Old 08-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by MANITIE
I know Martin is in charge of P1....but since there SVL is being suspended for now... since thats what I read...and P1 wants a big boat count...

Martin...how about doing a P1 race in OPA for the Long Island race in Class 5....and bring a 29 or 27 Fountain in also....

Randy is going to run in Class 5 in L.I. and there will be around 10+ boats in the class....
I'm not trying to step on anyones toes...but if the SVL's are not running and from what I read was the P1 wanted 9+ boats for the prize money....
Class 5 is the only class out here today that can bring that to the table...

also..look what else it brings in....

Hulls that are currently racing:
Superboat O/B
Superboat Y2K
Mirage
26 Joker
28 Joker
Activator
Krypt
DCB

Engines that are currently being raced:
Ilmor
Merc 525
Merc 2.5 OB's
Crocket Racing Engines
Sirrus Racing Engines
and at least 3 custom engines

4 Races and 4 differant winners:

You want 15+ boats in a class....this has the easy making of that....just by looking at the list of differant hull manufactures....and all be competitive...even if your running a 25 year old hull....its still competitive...
Mario Andretti
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered

Its a fair question.I noticed there was no response from Martin.I be curious to hear what he had to say.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

I talked to Martin last night via email....

He explained the whole P1 program to me...and answered all my questions....and also took the time to explained why the Class 5 suggestion would not fit in....

It was just a thought to try to get more boats out to our class...not to change any rules or mess what we have now...

Eddie you know anything I suggest would come down to you guys in the class all agreeing on it....

I just think L.I. will be our best bet to have a 10 - 12 boat show....I was just looking for a way to make it bigger if it can be.....
Old 08-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fastedy
NO!!
Eddie that was direct and to the point.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 212 Likes on 84 Posts

If you guys have race boats looking for a race......come on down to the Don Aronow Memorial Around Long Island Race.

Sept 18th. It runs out of Guy LaMotta's Marina in Port Washington, NY. Start of the race is on the north side of the island and goes around Montauk, back on the ocean side ending up in Port Washington. 271 Miles. Refueling allowed if needed.

Run by Billy Frenz and his NPBA and HORBA. If you bring it, we will put it in a class.....if you bring enough, have your own class.

REAL OPEN OCEAN RACING... THE WAY THE SPORT STARTED.