Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Congrats to Dave Scott >

Congrats to Dave Scott

Notices

Congrats to Dave Scott

Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For their first time here on the course they did pretty good without knowing what to expect.
Dave has the home court advantage and knows how to bring it on!
Again just my opinion, it was a charity event and a very good show.
My congrats goes out to all the competitors, spectators and volunteers who made the Shootout the event it is! There is nothing else like it in the world!!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 Spyder
For their first time here on the course they did pretty good without knowing what to expect.
Dave has the home court advantage and knows how to bring it on!
Again just my opinion, it was a charity event and a very good show.
My congrats goes out to all the competitors, spectators and volunteers who made the Shootout the event it is! There is nothing else like it in the world!!

What to expect....Total BS . They just ran a shootout here in Havasu at 200 mph . flat water same as LOTO. Theres no skill in a shootout ..just balls and wallet size. Hold it down and pin it maybe trim it in or out a little..thats it. Plus they had all day Sat or Sun to practice...going straight for 3/4 mile. Turbines don't wear out RIGHT?! No these guys just got beat..plain and simple ....the fact that he's making an excuse in his post is the funny part...I've been reading his posts and he always seems to be making an excuse...when he breaks or ****s up or loses. typical offshore racer.

I do agree that they have the stones to hold down a 4k HP boat but its all relative once you on the edge big or small. I do love watching the big dogs run.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned

"...the other noiseless turbine boats." sun tzu

Dude if you can't hear a turbine your upper-register hearing is shot. I've seen people wearing ear protection around Geico...
Old 09-13-2010, 08:35 AM
JBS
Registered

Default More idiots

Sun szu-you ate an idiot-nobody was running their mouths saying we were going to beat nauti or that we were going to run over 200mph.We came there to do our best and see what we could do-everyone knows the turbines take a bit longer to spool up.in a 1mile drag race it's a disadvantage-we need room to run.we ran aproximately the same speed-177mph-that was with my wife throttling and it was her first time in the front seat-not to bad-way more stones than you could ever dream of.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBS
Sun szu-you ate an idiot-nobody was running their mouths saying we were going to beat nauti or that we were going to run over 200mph.We came there to do our best and see what we could do-everyone knows the turbines take a bit longer to spool up.in a 1mile drag race it's a disadvantage-we need room to run.we ran aproximately the same speed-177mph-that was with my wife throttling and it was her first time in the front seat-not to bad-way more stones than you could ever dream of.

You calling someone else an idiot is so amusing considering you put a throttle person behind the sticks of a 4000 hp boat for the first time ever and hold the sticks down all the way at 180mph. I believe someone on this forum used the phrase a** Clown. You think your cool but your just a sideshow and hearing that you are risking peoples lives shows you don't respect the speed or the equipment you drive.

Turbines take longer to spool...thats your excuse. whatever hotshot. Keep running your mouth. I have to check to confirm.. but I thought the torque curve on a turbine was fairly instatainous..much faster curve than a piston. You best hope I'm wrong because if I'm not you'll prove that you dint know **** about your boat either.

or

you can admit that you got you got beat by a stronger boat and move on.

Us Havasu boys got you on the run $dough$ boy.

Beware of Havasu Horsepower!

Last edited by sun tzu; 09-14-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 AM
JBS
Registered

Default Loser

Again-another loser without a single fact or intelligent thought hiding behind a fake screen name-you are an idiot.

JBS racing set a world record in LOTO and had a great time doing it.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBS
Again-another loser without a single fact or intelligent thought hiding behind a fake screen name-you are an idiot.

JBS racing set a world record in LOTO and had a great time doing it.
I may not have an intelegent thought but you should do your homework about your boat.
World record right! i'll go look it up...where excactly would I find that?? dude you live in your own world.

from the internet

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Here the no B.S. answer. Turbine engines in helicopters maintain a constant torque all the time so the engines usually run at 100%. Remember torque is very important to rotorcraft as it is turning blades. If the torque is maintained when the pitch is changed it is smooth and the engine will not spool down unlike a piston engine. This is accomplished with a transmission that sits on top of the helicopter both turbine and piston are about the same here. It’s the reduction system that lower the engine RMP to the constant RPM the rotor disk requires in all phases from take off to forward speed it turns the same RMP. What keeps it turning the same RMP is torque from the engine. Turbines happen to be better at this than piston engines. With piston you have to increase engine RPM before making a pitch change to increase lift as the engines will drag down.

Turbine put out more power per weight than internal combustion (piston engines).

Piston engines have a faster RPM spool uptime, but can’t maintain the constant torque unless the pilot is very very good with both hands and feet. Piston engines are modified with different oil systems and tend to run hotter than normal. Turbine engine last longer than piston engine on helicopters.

The big difference is in fuel burn. That is why most helicopters use piston two-seat trainer to train pilots. As pilot become more efficient they can move up to turbines.

All helicopters are restricted by forward speed do to the main rotor disk. The laws of physics prevent helicopter from flying faster than about 300 knots. Unlike what you may see on TV with after burners, that’s a bunch of bull.

Maneuverability depends on the helicopter weight and rotor head being rigid or semi-rigid not to get to technical. A rigid head and lightweight helicopter will do amazing things.
Source(s):
A&P/IA
http://www.stacheair.com
Helicopter mechanic
Old 09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

This post started out to show CONGRATS to my Dear Friend Dave Scott and it has turned into pointing fingers. Guy's, bring that somewhere else, Dave has earned his due!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good post Augie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.