Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Cowes to Monte-Carlo Powerboat Grand Prix - 2013. >

Cowes to Monte-Carlo Powerboat Grand Prix - 2013.

Notices

Cowes to Monte-Carlo Powerboat Grand Prix - 2013.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:41 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Tis why i asked the question, I wanted clarification.
Wow take a chill pill
Sorry if I came across too strong - not my intention!

By the way there is a minimum speed limit and time restrictions on finishing each leg. I think it's something like 40mph but I would have to check.

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Registered

Long time since I was here, interesting comment about the top speed. With the advent of the new Merc 1350's this has put a slight chill on many people over here. Although not banned in our event several teams have looked closely at using these engines and have eventually come to the conclusion that they would have to carry too much fuel to feed these beasts to make it viable and have gone back to using doubles or even triples instead (Ilmor etc).

You have to understand that in an event such as ours where the boats are running long distances each day in one or two instances distances of over 300 miles in big seas, then raw power does not come into the equation, reliability does and the winner of this race will probably average no more than 50/60 knots over the 2,400 miles and fifteen days.

Also, the sea is the one that decides what speed you are going to do, running in a force 5/6 will mean conserving the teams energy because to go slamming over the waves for 6 hours will destroy anyone, and if you are going to do it all again the next day you have to do it again the next day and the next and the next etc then you have to conserve everything. Survival is the name of the game in this race.

Thats why this race - The Cowes to Monte-Carlo - will prove who is the toughest, in boat, engine and race teams. The boat and engine manufacturers who win this race will be able to put it on their literature for the next 10 years - Our boat/engines won the Cowes to Monte-Carlo!
Mike Lloyd.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Registered

Default Cowes Monte Carlo Race

My first post, so bear with me here:
So there has been a lot of publicity on our side of the pond that the Cowes Monte Carlo Offshore Ultra Marathon race is dead. It is true that the original organizer has stepped down, having spent two years getting it off the ground.

A group of very keen racers are getting together to make sure that the event can and will happen. We need entries, its mammoth ! It will be a very severe test of boats and motors.

If you are interested please contact Aidan Foley:
Aidan Foley <[email protected]>

It will be a lower key event, that's for sure as money is tight but it will be fun, it will be hard and it will be something to remember and to tell the kids and grand kids about !

There are still many hurdles to overcome but we have over 25 committed teams, some with pretty impressive kit, so come and join the excitement, there is still time and we will do all that we can to help; there may never be another!
SIMON.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Registered

Default Cowes Monte Carlo

So its looking pretty positive, over 25 teams have said that they want to commit. Working now on getting a meeting together for early January, probably 12th at the London Boat Show.
Looks like the start has a really good chance of being in London on the Thames, in an attempt to get back to the old race. First stop may well be Guernsey then to Les Sable De L'Onne.
So if any oy you guys are interested in what will no doubt be the toughest offshore race this Millenium you need to get in touch !
Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Bit of an update - there was a launch of the "Venture Cup Prologue" event on Tuesday and here are some photos and information: http://www.ventureoffshorecup.com/

Don't forget to check out our sponsors - www.e-lites.co.uk for electronic cigarettes and www.ILoveMeetandGreet.co.uk for airport valet parking - thanks!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Registered

I booked my plane ticket last week. Looking forward to this trip.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:22 AM
British member!
VIP Member

The race starts a week on Saturday (June 8th) and we will be there from Thursday lunchtime traffic permitting - see you there!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!