Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
What happened to "United We Race" >

What happened to "United We Race"

Notices

What happened to "United We Race"

Old 03-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tow money and some fee's is great but the other big issue your missing in todays ecomony is the time from work if you have a job. It is kind of tough to ask for time off every other weekend to go racing when ppl r losing their jobs everyday. So for a teams from the east coast to take 4-6 days off just isnt going to happen. Teams r going to race close to home, they really dont have a choice, and tow money isnt going to help that. Even east coast teams traveling north and south will be less this yr for sure. Gas prices the way they r and no end in site this could be the final straw.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Tow money and some fee's is great but the other big issue your missing in todays ecomony is the time from work if you have a job. It is kind of tough to ask for time off every other weekend to go racing when ppl r losing their jobs everyday. So for a teams from the east coast to take 4-6 days off just isnt going to happen. Teams r going to race close to home, they really dont have a choice, and tow money isnt going to help that. Even east coast teams traveling north and south will be less this yr for sure. Gas prices the way they r and no end in site this could be the final straw.
Have to agree that time off from work is one of the key factor for many racers not attending a lot of races, I also beleive the economy is a big factor as to why a lot of racers do not attend a lot of races or any at all. Org loyalty I beleive is the smallest factor out of the three key factors.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's that foot again! With that kind of attitude, I can see your glass is half empty. However, with Pacific Offshore the glass is half full & that's how we have been able to bring out racers that have not been seen for a few years. Also we have beginning racers joining in because we are focusing on the fun factor. So with that said I wish everyone a fun, safe 2011 racing season & we'll see you at the Worlds.
Good Luck!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racer's wife
There's that foot again! With that kind of attitude, I can see your glass is half empty. However, with Pacific Offshore the glass is half full & that's how we have been able to bring out racers that have not been seen for a few years. Also we have beginning racers joining in because we are focusing on the fun factor. So with that said I wish everyone a fun, safe 2011 racing season & we'll see you at the Worlds.
Good Luck!!!
Sorry you feel that way, it has nothing to do with the glass being half hull or half empty it about reality. The facts are what they are and sorry you dont see it, but i know the rest of us do. You will see fewer teams this yr when u have seen in the past. That doesnt mean that everyone of us arent trying as hard as we can to make as many races as we can. There are so many factors that are in play right now that many of us havent had to deal with before, and our prioritys have changed. Its not a matter of making choices any more its a matter of survival, for our families.
I guess the west coast must not be feeling the crunch that the rest of us are. Not only the racers, but the cities are not spending as much money if any for racing events for the same reason. Speak to the powers to be and they will tell you the same thing, race site are getting harder and harder to work with. Look back over the last few yrs of some of the great site that are gone.
It is what it is and all we can do is the bests we can. Wish everyone a safe and successful 2011 and i'm i will see you all during the course of the yr. Be safe and lets have some fun.....
Old 03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered

Sorry you feel that way, it has nothing to do with the glass being half hull or half empty it about reality. The facts are what they are and sorry you dont see it, but i know the rest of us do. You will see fewer teams this yr when u have seen in the past. That doesnt mean that everyone of us arent trying as hard as we can to make as many races as we can. There are so many factors that are in play right now that many of us havent had to deal with before, and our prioritys have changed. Its not a matter of making choices any more its a matter of survival, for our families.
I guess the west coast must not be feeling the crunch that the rest of us are. Not only the racers, but the cities are not spending as much money if any for racing events for the same reason. Speak to the powers to be and they will tell you the same thing, race site are getting harder and harder to work with. Look back over the last few yrs of some of the great site that are gone.
It is what it is and all we can do is the bests we can. Wish everyone a safe and successful 2011 and i'm i will see you all during the course of the yr. Be safe and lets have some fun.....
There needs to be unification period.How about a common set of tech rules to start.I say offer a few spec classes maybe the 525 classes;and the six bracket classes.No need for unlimited classes..way too expensive to ever draw enough boats for a race.Regional series in the North,South and West...and one true NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP with all of the teams at the end of the season.That would be a great start in bringing the sport back to what it used to be.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Registered

So you think we should do away with the Unlimited class, Super Cat, Turbines, Super Vee Unlimited, Super Vee, and Stock ??? They dont draw enough boats??? well i think u need to re think that. There isnt a city that would pay if these boats werent there or a chance of them being there. Ask the promoter of Cocoa Beach what he thinks of your idea, and what he has promised the city.

Just want to make sure I got this right ???
You want to do away with :

1 CMS
2 Mixed Emotions
3 Cintron
4 Super Heat
5 Instigator
6 Outerlimits
7 Fountain Talladega
8 BTM Marine SV
BTM Marine SC
9 Two Cocks Fight Apparel
10 Boat Show Direct
11 CRC
12 Page Racing
13 War Paint
14 WHm
15 Talking Trash
16 JD Byrider
17 Aqua Mania
18 Geico
19 JBS
20 Rebel Racing
21 Mapei
22 Steve Quick Jewelers
23 Talbot
24 Fluid Sealing
25 Rolling Vengeance

I dont know about the rest of the Org. but I can tell you that John C wouldnt want no part of this brain storm if thats the best you can come up with. With out these boats u have no show like it or not .

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 03-19-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

So you think we should do away with the Unlimited class, Super Cat, Turbines, Super Vee Unlimited, Super Vee, and Stock ??? They dont draw enough boats??? well i think u need to re think that. There isnt a city that would pay if these boats werent there or a chance of them being there. Ask the promoter of Cocoa Beach what he thinks of your idea, and what he has promised the city.

Just want to make sure I got this right ???
You want to do away with :

1 CMS
2 Mixed Emotions
3 Cintron
4 Super Heat
5 Instigator
6 Outerlimits
7 Fountain Talladega
8 BTM Marine SV
BTM Marine SC
9 Two Cocks Fight Apparel
10 Boat Show Direct
11 CRC
12 Page Racing
13 War Paint
14 WHm
15 Talking Trash
16 JD Byrider
17 Aqua Mania
18 Geico
19 JBS
20 Rebel Racing
21 Mapei
22 Steve Quick Jewelers
23 Talbot
24 Fluid Sealing
25 Rolling Vengeance

I dont know about the rest of the Org. but I can tell you that John C wouldnt want no part of this brain storm if thats the best you can come up with. With out these boats u have no show like it or not .
I understand your point...but right now there are far too many big boat classes with too few boats...many of the classes have only 1 or 2 boats in them.Cant we get back to a few featured big boat classes with more boats in them.Do you want a show or a race?
Old 03-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Registered

Comment:

Great post and I agree with the majority of your post but for the conclusion. I think Waterboy is right in one area and that is unification for a World Championship in November.

Look you can have all the the narcissistic behavior you want with offshore racing but the fact remains unification will determine who is the National World Champion. [Definition: The narcissist is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity.]

The draw must be television once you gain ratings the rest of the equation will fall into place. This being true... once television gets involved the form of organization will be deminimis especially if you have a World Championship that puts up some serious money. Racers in every class will not be able to resist despite any loyalties or BS narcissistic personal issues.

This means putting up some purse money for each class in the World Championship bracket and that includes all classes. The class must be composed of at least three boats which must participate even if they DNF in the final race [it will go to points if that happens from heats 1 &2]. If you don't have three boats minimum then your just and exhibition racer.... pretty clear if you ask me. This clarifys anyones claims as to single boat entries winning without having to really compete.

When a team wins a World Championship it is not a pat on the back... plaque and an atta boy. I find words that escape me but "F" that.... it's about taking home some real money along with the television coverage for your sponsors and the rest of your crew.

If anyone disagrees all I can say is the standard bull feces will still go on. If Mr. Haggin had put up purse money instead of racing in every event he would have put the strangle hold on all the organizations...even if only for one World Championship.

Sincerely,

Outsider Looking In!

P.S. There is no racing on the West Coast period if you find it please let Waldo know!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

As a huge offshore race fan i would rather watch a p class boat race than turbines .
Old 03-19-2011, 08:52 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Cool

Originally Posted by waterboy1
I understand your point...but right now there are far too many big boat classes with too few boats...many of the classes have only 1 or 2 boats in them.Cant we get back to a few featured big boat classes with more boats in them.Do you want a show or a race?
Unfortunately the sport has more showman than real racers. The Big guys usually don't like to race anyone, hence the reason classes are created for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.