Notices

Green flag pics.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Green flag pics.

I would love to see the pics from the start boats of the line up and frame by frame of the starter lifting the flag and the boats in the back ground. Can that be done? Races are won and lost at the start and turn one. As far as I know no one has ever been penalized for jumping the start or a poor line going into turn one. Im not innocent by any means but a call now and then with a video or pics would be nice to see. Most of the winners dont need to jump but experience tells you ist better than being in the back in the wash playing catchup. You just may never catch up with a bad start. The pole boat should be the one setting the pace 100 feet behind the pace boat but if the pole boat is crowding the pace boat the outside boats have no choice but to speed up on the line to even see the flag. Any chance at the next drivers meeting we can show people what 100 feet is. Can we have a responsible boat run the pole and not feel they will raise the flag unless they are behind them? Im just trowing it out there to the racers. What do you think guys?
MD
Old 07-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea. Some classes like SVL do it automatically. Others line up off the pace boat. 100 feet would be great.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maddog As a racer I understand your concept but sometimes the flag person has never raced. Can also tell you that I have started a few race's I wished there was some kind of communication with the boats lining up . Oh have you ever tryed to hold a line of Super V's ... Not that easy. Jo
Old 07-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can also tell you that I have started a few race's I wished there was some kind of communication with the boats lining up .

Joe I can help you with this TNT Racing would agree.

Call me anytime
Mark Lowman