Notices

Race class ?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race class ?

32' Single engine Velocity for sale in the classifieds, I would love that one, Velocity's are some of my favorite. However looking for a inexpensive boat that I can cross train from use here on LOTO, and get back on the race course. So this one is fast enough for SBI new class 4 but too long? Wouldn't accelerate, or be fast enough for OPA 4, and I think is too long for OPA 5. So Bad Choice ?? Let me know your opinion.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
32' Single engine Velocity for sale in the classifieds, I would love that one, Velocity's are some of my favorite. However looking for a inexpensive boat that I can cross train from use here on LOTO, and get back on the race course. So this one is fast enough for SBI new class 4 but too long? Wouldn't accelerate, or be fast enough for OPA 4, and I think is too long for OPA 5. So Bad Choice ?? Let me know your opinion.
Too long for class 5 Daredevil was rejected by class for his 32'
boat at worlds.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Yeah, as cool as this is. i had actually mentioned before I would like that boat with a single. i don't like the SSM and the Roots blower. But with a MAX bravo, SCX, and a Procharger I would like it better. I think it actually wouldn't make a good racer, at least not a Winner. I am shopping, lots of good deals on boats right now, and after a short trip with my family I have really decided the most fun we had was traveling to racesites for family fun and racing. Can't beat those memories. I need to get back in.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sbracing
Too long for class 5 Daredevil was rejected by class for his 32'
boat at worlds.
and my boat only messured 30.2 feet !
Old 08-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
Yeah, as cool as this is. i had actually mentioned before I would like that boat with a single. i don't like the SSM and the Roots blower. But with a MAX bravo, SCX, and a Procharger I would like it better. I think it actually wouldn't make a good racer, at least not a Winner. I am shopping, lots of good deals on boats right now, and after a short trip with my family I have really decided the most fun we had was traveling to racesites for family fun and racing. Can't beat those memories. I need to get back in.
It would be great to have you & family back!