Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Special price on our 26 Joker........... >

Special price on our 26 Joker...........

Notices

Special price on our 26 Joker...........

Old 12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33
Some of the badest 26' Jokers around are all racing in class 5 or 6 OPA!!!

There everywhere!!!
Hey BRIAN. Are you going to be in the pits doing inspections this year like you did at the 2001 worlds? I plan to race my 26 Sutphen in class 5 this year. I just don't want to get kicked a class because I beat your boats. ERNIE
Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boxer
Hey BRIAN. Are you going to be in the pits doing inspections this year like you did at the 2001 worlds? I plan to race my 26 Sutphen in class 5 this year. I just don't want to get kicked a class because I beat your boats. ERNIE
Just be sure you leave the blower motor out and you should be fine. You'll still have to deal with other Joker Boats and that will probally cause you some pain!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Just be sure you leave the blower motor out and you should be fine. You'll still have to deal with other Joker Boats and that will probally cause you some pain!
Let me get this strait. You are telling me what to run for a motor. Just like 2001 when every boat that beat you in the 80mph class ,at the nationals, got kicked up to the 90 mph class at the worlds. It made no difference if we couldn't run that speed safely. The four boats that finished ahead of you were gone. I hope you don't have the same influence with OPA as you had with Allweise.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Let me get this strait. You are telling me what to run for a motor. Just like 2001 when every boat that beat you in the 80mph class ,at the nationals, got kicked up to the 90 mph class at the worlds. It made no difference if we couldn't run that speed safely. The four boats that finished ahead of you were gone. I hope you don't have the same influence with OPA as you had with Allweise.
In 2001 I won a National Championship in a 30 ft Phantom " Solarized ".........It's Allweiss and I think he's OPA's attorney on retainer. You'll still have to play by the rules. Good luck and be safe.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All the jokers are in class 6 not 5 come on in the water is fine in class 6
Old 12-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

In 2001 I won a National Championship in a 30 ft Phantom " Solarized ".........It's Allweiss and I think he's OPA's attorney on retainer. You'll still have to play by the rules. Good luck and be safe.
I did play by the rules racing from Canada to Buffalo and up and down the East Coast. Never broke out. Won by 2 seconds over 26 American offshore. Chris Rendle was 4th. You were 5th , a few min. behind. I still have the lap times and the final positions. The point I am trying to make here is that most of us that raced the curcuit that year, and never broke out , were penalized for no other reason than being in your class. You had a new boat,you wanted to promote it, and the hell with everyone else who had worked so hard to get to the worlds. I was informed 16 hours before the race, I either race P3 , or don't race. I didn't find out until they called my number Boxer P-61. Every boat that beat you at Fountains National Championship was bumped up to P-3. I was told by Mike Tomalson that I should see Mike Allweis after the meeting. Bottom line, If you don't like it, don't race. The other boats didn't have blowers. I hope that you and your boats don't have the same effect on OPA. Best wishes, and a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

I did play by the rules racing from Canada to Buffalo and up and down the East Coast. Never broke out. Won by 2 seconds over 26 American offshore. Chris Rendle was 4th. You were 5th , a few min. behind. I still have the lap times and the final positions. The point I am trying to make here is that most of us that raced the curcuit that year, and never broke out , were penalized for no other reason than being in your class. You had a new boat,you wanted to promote it, and the hell with everyone else who had worked so hard to get to the worlds. I was informed 16 hours before the race, I either race P3 , or don't race. I didn't find out until they called my number Boxer P-61. Every boat that beat you at Fountains National Championship was bumped up to P-3. I was told by Mike Tomalson that I should see Mike Allweis after the meeting. Bottom line, If you don't like it, don't race. The other boats didn't have blowers. I hope that you and your boats don't have the same effect on OPA. Best wishes, and a Merry Christmas.
I am saying put a big motor in we like the competition and run Class 6 !!!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Ask Tyler how our 26 runs in the rough.

Ask Ed Smith how it runs !!!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Somebody has a chip on their shoulder. I don't even know you and you only make yourself look bad by being so such an azz. OPA is a great racing org and if you play by the rules you should fit right in. By the way I think you're talking about 2000 when I first built my 28 Joker. I went on to win many races in that boat and it was later the Crazy Chicken boat. Warren races a 28 Joker now in Class 5 in OPA. I'm sure he'll show you the way around the race course.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

These boats seem to run awesome. Put a 525 in all of them then there's no argument.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.