Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Special price on our 26 Joker........... >

Special price on our 26 Joker...........

Notices

Special price on our 26 Joker...........

Old 12-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
These boats seem to run awesome. Put a 525 in all of them then there's no argument.
I like your thinking..
Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Somebody has a chip on their shoulder. I don't even know you and you only make yourself look bad by being so such an azz. OPA is a great racing org and if you play by the rules you should fit right in. By the way I think you're talking about 2000 when I first built my 28 Joker. I went on to win many races in that boat and it was later the Crazy Chicken boat. Warren races a 28 Joker now in Class 5 in OPA. I'm sure he'll show you the way around the race course.
You bet your azz I have a chip on my shoulder. I play by APBA's rules for the whole season ,was high point champion , won the nationals at Fountains, NEVER broke out,and drove 3000miles from New England to St Pete and back only to be kicked up a class. The only apparent reason,you will get all your competition kicked up a class and win. Well you didn't . You were right, the year was 2000. If you look back on an earlier page, you knew exactly who I was. You have a selective memory. OPA is a great organization. It is run by individuals who love the sport. I would hate to see it become political like APBA OFFSHORE LLC and SBI. I would love to see YOU racing this summer. You and I can sort this out on the water, or are going to have Tyler Crockett fight your battles? I'm done, HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 12-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boxer
You bet your azz I have a chip on my shoulder. I play by APBA's rules for the whole season ,was high point champion , won the nationals at Fountains, NEVER broke out,and drove 3000miles from New England to St Pete and back only to be kicked up a class. The only apparent reason,you will get all your competition kicked up a class and win. Well you didn't . You were right, the year was 2000. If you look back on an earlier page, you knew exactly who I was. You have a selective memory. OPA is a great organization. It is run by individuals who love the sport. I would hate to see it become political like APBA OFFSHORE LLC and SBI. I would love to see YOU racing this summer. You and I can sort this out on the water, or are going to have Tyler Crockett fight your battles? I'm done, HAPPY NEW YEAR.
The intent of the rules in APBA P-Class was what would your boat run WOT with the biggest prop you could put on. What hp was your boat? What drive ratio? What was the weight? I had a bone stock 500 efi w/ a Bravo 1. I had nothing to do with anything you're talking about as far as changing your class. Dang dude you're going to have a stroke - haha. I'll hunt down Mike Carter who helped write the APBA P-Class rules and he'll chime in. This makes some good reading. No hard feelings by the way as this thread brings back good memories.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW...this even brought me out of the wood work! Geeze Boxer that was like 10 years ago and a totally different sancationing body....let it rest. Joker is a stand up guy...good guy and not like you are thinking he is with promoting his boats.
However I bet you got bumped up due to the speeds and motor/boat formula APBA Offshore was useing to class boats. Joker was racing back then and not working as a APBA Offical if I remember correctly. Plus this was in 2000 and I worked the cranes and over saw P Class and came up with the P Class concept with Alweiss and Miklos and I was the one who wrote the entire P Class rules. So I guess you have a chip on your shoulder with me still? HA that's pretty hysterical! I do remember you at the St. Cloud race but I also remeber your boat breaking down alot and I do not remember you being in the P5 class high points anyway. On the other hand we moved a few boats around that year as guys would show up with 700hp in a 27-29' boat and want to run in a class with boat running a 502 Mag Efi.....not to fair is it?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
The intent of the rules in APBA P-Class was what would your boat run WOT with the biggest prop you could put on.
With Tyler proving that the 26' Joker hull can only achieve 70 mph with 850 hp, what would the numbers be if it had a 500 EFI? 45-50 mph?

Also you point out that OPA has Allweiss on retainer, does that mean he can sue the boat manufacture that signed on to be "The Official Paceboat of OPA" who showed at one race never to be seen or heard from again, for breach of contract?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
With Tyler proving that the 26' Joker hull can only achieve 70 mph with 850 hp, what would the numbers be if it had a 500 EFI? 45-50 mph?

Also you point out that OPA has Allweiss on retainer, does that mean he can sue the boat manufacture that signed on to be "The Official Paceboat of OPA" who showed at one race never to be seen or heard from again, for breach of contract?
Hey dumbass can you show me that contract? You may need to talk to Ron P.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Boxer & F1-00

You guys are out of line.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I ant one. Can you put in a cabin, and seating for 6?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can have all the power in the world and be out front at the end but that little black box will take that smile right off your face in a hurry trust me i know .
The old apba system was allmost the honor system anyway.
Plus boxer if you come and race opa class 6 the jokers and tyler will be the least of you worries its that red velocity you will have to worry about.

The other worry you might have is the cotners joker it has a reinforced keel to run you over you know they like to do but you are not a bat boat so you are safe.

sorry rich and pete i could not help myself .

sbracing i agree play nice boys

Last edited by gary cook; 12-15-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: none

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.