Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Jacksonville 2012 race? >

Jacksonville 2012 race?

Notices

Jacksonville 2012 race?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cocoa is a great site you whose of you that havent been there it worth putting that one on your schedule. This will be the 3rd yr and its sounds like it will be even bigger and better then the past 2 yrs.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
This isnt one of the races that SBI does the prom. the city has a promoter that is running the race. Simular to Sarasota,Cocoa,Clearwater, and Michigan City.

Sorry Frank, I had second thoughts about posting that, but just a pet peeve of mine, I never have been able to understand why they wouldnt do more promotion. You know I have been around for a while, even though I keep a low profile in the pits. Goes way back to the APBA days and lauderdale(one of my first races), then a few years back I was on the pool deck of the Foutanbleu, between races, and the deck manager asks me what is going on, what is all the hustle, and why am I wearing a radio? I just shook my head and told him there were boats racing on the beach, and I was talking to my driver by radio, he shook his head back, and said "ya think someone would have told me"

On a positive note, Cocoa does a great job, along with Sarasota and Clearwater, we will see you at some race this year for sure, just not sure which ones yet, gonna shoot to at least party with y'all in cocoa(I think I finally paid off my bartab from last year). I really wish Marathon would come back, as that was always one of my favorites, probably cuz it is the only one I ever drove in, even though I got my azz handed to me.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
This email just came from SBI:

Super Boat International has removed the Jacksonville, Florida race from the schedule due to the conditions not meeting the racers needs and the standard of SBIP.
This is in no way a personal attack on you Ryan but what does that mean that the conditions do not meet the racers needs or the standards of sbi. I attend atleast two races a season to support the racers and sbi or opa. I am a loyal fan and love that you guys show up and race for us fans with almost no benefit to you except for the love you have of racing. I always would have loved having a race in jax but was curious as to where it would be(the ocean or st johns river). I know for starters you need water and we have plenty of that to offer. I read that they announced some deal for 3 years of racing here. Does this also mean it will not happen next year. I hope this has nothing to do with the lawsuit against sbi because I would hate for other cities to lose their races also. Whatever the case may be, good luck to all racers and be safe.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

My post was the exact email that we, the racers, received from SBI yesterday. I am not exactly sure what the details are or what it means. Other than the race was cancelled.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
This is in no way a personal attack on you Ryan but what does that mean that the conditions do not meet the racers needs or the standards of sbi. I attend atleast two races a season to support the racers and sbi or opa. I am a loyal fan and love that you guys show up and race for us fans with almost no benefit to you except for the love you have of racing. I always would have loved having a race in jax but was curious as to where it would be(the ocean or st johns river). I know for starters you need water and we have plenty of that to offer. I read that they announced some deal for 3 years of racing here. Does this also mean it will not happen next year. I hope this has nothing to do with the lawsuit against sbi because I would hate for other cities to lose their races also. Whatever the case may be, good luck to all racers and be safe.
ive heard the city of Jax doesnt want it