svl for under $40,000 >

svl for under $40,000

Notices

svl for under $40,000

Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
My bad, I posted thinking it was Frank posting the (no disrespect) Sorry Frank I was defending OPA and was shocked by what I thought was your post. Didnt mean to go there.
Randy ,

You dont have to defend OPA they ddnt do any wrong.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Simmon's has had more phone time and research with Merc. on the true Dyno numbers of a Gen1 threw today's 525. He has documented the numbers as well as Dynoed his rebuild 525 from Merc. He took it a step further and sent his new fresh 525 and sent it to Crocket to dyno on and outside shop. So if anyone has the numbers of a 525 from old to new to rebuild it would be him. In an attempt to allow a ouside builder to refresh the 525 back to a spec. motor it was important to have all these numbers. In a nut shell the class needs to be equal on HP. It needs to be cost effective with reliable power. The power needs to match the Bravo drives reliability and less is more all the way around. Top it off with not needing to go faster than where we have been for years (90-93 MPH).
Old 11-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

Randy,
The speed isnt the issue, its set up and balance all the boats run about the same speeds. Good example is look at Jupiter , Steve won walking away, and from what I was told dont know this for fact u might want to check but his numbers for the race were lower then some of the other boats. You also might want to go back and look at the pics from the race they say it all. Its not always how fast you go its how fast u get there. Steve did that with a stock Vortex no a so called hot Merc. So i guess you will haver to explan that one to me, and hes only been in the boat a yr.
We have checked GPS for yrs and the Fountain number are not that big, you remember when when he was running P3 same race as SVL and that was a GPS class with a break out of 95MPH and he wasn't never close and his GPS was down loaded same as ever othe P4 boat . Just food for thought u might want to look somewhere else other then HP it isnt the issue. New technology, setup, drives, balance, you are going to see 3-4 set boats out there, do u really think they should run the same speed as you with the same power?? Whats happening is the class is moving foward dont think you really beleive after 10 yrs that progress wasnt coming the class isnt any different then any other spec class they all move forward and make progress?

Not saying it a good or bad thing but fact and dont be suprised if it doesnt get faster with some of the new programs you will be seeing this coming yr. How long do u thing it will be before Extreme comes out with a new boat and dont dare think it will be like anything you have seen before, and not much faster. Its happen in F1, F2, SV, and SS beleive me SVL isnt any different or not going to be effected the class has caught pleanty of ppls attention .
Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Registered

One more thought you want to think about. Is this any different then when Fountain ran SV 525 class with sealed Merc and were un beatable?? You think it might have something to do with the technology??

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 11-24-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frank,

The Vortex that are running today have more power and torque than the ones that Steve M was running when APBA was the real deal. The only thing I agree with you is that it's not the top speed that makes the difference but the torque difference which makes one boat accelerate faster the the next. The fact is there are two SVL classes , there is no need for further discussion.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered

And my statement in no way shape or form diminish the accomplishments of two pro teams, Steve M and Gary and Steve K and his son.

Those guys will run circles around most of us with 496 mags!!!

Wil
Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

The SV thing and cat lite had to do with the number six drives Frank.

Talk about not knowing ur ass from head.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered

There where plenty of other SV with #6 running at the same time. You might of forgotten Greg's 39 Phantom with #6 drives and Nigels Skater I could go on but doesn't matter.
Wil don't hate my friend its boat racing , I didn't attack any one just some facts sorry u don't agree.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Frank,

Boat racing is what it is but if you are going to speak about facts, please know what you are speaking of.
In 2007 when Reggie debut his new design with number 6s in Beloxi he beat the only other boat with sixs, outerlimit. The enxt race the outerlimit beat The fountain, although some still think it was on porpuse they lost.
Facts are the class was dead.
A better example was in the cat lite class where one can compare apples to apples.
Motley Crew had the first six boat and try were dominant against same hull with bravos, Page Racing, Popeyes. Once the same hulls were fitted with sixes , they all had a shot.

We will agree to disagree!
Now back to the schedule program!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

What new tecnology are we talking about here in a stock sealed OPA/APBA SVL? Same motor last 8 plus years,same Bravo XR drive,same weight same propellers. Changes : Limited the X dimention and allowed bottom modifications. The ONLY new tecnology I can possably see would be a more efficent bottom. We all run on the back 10' of our boats so if someone comes up with 10' of something new then I get the new tecnology thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.