BOATS WANTED for P2/Class 200

Notices

BOATS WANTED for P2/Class 200

Old 01-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOATS WANTED for P2/Class 200

We would like to see if there is any interest in putting a P2/200 or similar class together for 100-105 mph. We need boats to commit. There must be some old race/pleasure boats, Cat or V hull, outboards or I/O, naturally aspirated that can fit in this class 100-105 mph.
Examples: Motion 30-35', Spectre 30-36', Skater 24-36' Eliminators, Doug Wright, AMT Cat plus the Vee Bottoms that could run in this class. There has to be several potential boats that fit in this catergory. We feel that this would fill the void that these race boats currently don't fit in a class or don't have a place to race. We feel that there is a potential out there that this could be made into a fun and exciting class on and off the race course.Lets get the boats back out there and race again! Please feel free to respond with any interest , comments or suggestions.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deb,
Are you trying to see lf there are any boats with lnterest to try and re buld the P2 SBl class again ? Be great to see some of the older Cats battle lt out.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yes, I would love to have a P2 class in SBI again. We can even open it to Vee bottoms. Naturally aspirated 100-105 mph. I am sure there are plenty of boats that want to race again that really don't fit anywhere else. There is a big void between classes and this would give a lot of boats a place to race. I would love to see some of the older boats come back Cat or Vee.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
bwd
Registered

A canopied fountain capable of 110 should feel right at home there. I say that as some have brought the point up to me that 90 in p3 is to slow and that the speed should go back to 95. I don't agree. My boat may run happily around 88-90 but more than that is getting hairy considering everthing else that is running that speed and over has a lid on it. SVL, Superstocks etc.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I agree. A class of 100-105 mph is what we need to fill the void. I am not canopied. Cat or V would be welcome. Naturally aspirated. Some days water is good for Cats other days for V's. That is racing. Let's get some boats to commit and start a class again.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:09 AM
Registered

Trying to tweek a little more power and speed to help your cause :-)
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bill, do you mean you would be interested in being in P2 for SBI ? That is where I want to have a class. There is such a big void and we can be open to IO or outboard, Cat or V naturally aspirated. 100-105mph There has to be a few boats out there that still want to race but don't have a class. We need boats to commit. Besides yourself do you know of anyone else looking for a class like that?

Last edited by Zipp Express; 01-17-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

Debbie,

Just my opion but 100 MPH class might be a better number for some of the boat, 105 MPH start to to far a reach.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Frank that is fine with us. We want to race and I am sure there are other boats that feel the same way. There is too big of a void between classes. P3 only wants monohull. We wouldhave Cat or V hull Io's or outboard. 100 mph is good that would bring more boats. Maybe we could get a good boat count and have a nice competitive class with enough boats showing up at the races.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zipp Express
Bill, do you mean you would be interested in being in P2 for SBI ? That is where I want to have a class. There is such a big void and we can be open to IO or outboard, Cat or V naturally aspirated. 100-105mph There has to be a few boats out there that still want to race but don't have a class. We need boats to commit. Besides yourself do you know of anyone else looking for a class like that?
Yes I am interested in p2 for SBI, I have talked to a few people who interested in racing down south this year and keeping the boat down there. We r just trying to work out some details.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.