Suspension seat user question. >

Suspension seat user question.

Notices

Suspension seat user question.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension seat user question.

I know there wont be many people that can respond to this question, but to the folks running race boats or pleasure in suspension seats, Are your throttle controls attached to the seat, so they move with you up and down, or are they rigid to the boat ? Do you like it either way, and is it easy to be smooth if they are in the boat and not the seat. I would suspect most of them are rigid to the boat, but am wondering how that works out as your body is moving independantly of the controls.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

mine are independent. they give a floating feeling so its nice to have the throttles rigid to use as a bit of a handle. i have a rigid handle on left hand also for tabs and trim. my forearms are usually smoked from holding on so tight and i have to remember to relax in the seat and use my legs for support for the best ride. still a night a day difference in rough water.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ours are rigid and have no issue at all.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here although Gary complains about the Wheel being fixed and him moving.
Steve
Old 10-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

i could be wrong but i think remember seeing a outerlimits or statement that had shock absorbers on the entire cockpit. it was a open canopy pleasure boat i believe.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Statement does for sure.
Steve
Old 10-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Registered

Im working on a design for the Corsa, and Maybe the deal will be to have standard single engine two handle controls in the console like normal, and then an additional THrottle only handle setup that rides with the throttlemans seat. This could even be removable. Its just more work, and expense, which I wasnt too interested in, as long as you guys are having good luck with them rigidly mounted, I think thats what we will do for starters. I would suspect it would have to be more easily controlled if it went up and down with you, however. Thanks for the responses.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Default Seats

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
Im working on a design for the Corsa, and Maybe the deal will be to have standard single engine two handle controls in the console like normal, and then an additional THrottle only handle setup that rides with the throttlemans seat. This could even be removable. Its just more work, and expense, which I wasnt too interested in, as long as you guys are having good luck with them rigidly mounted, I think thats what we will do for starters. I would suspect it would have to be more easily controlled if it went up and down with you, however. Thanks for the responses.
I did both on a 38 Fountain as a test for myself. The people in the boat never new or said a word. Put it where your comfortable.