Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Need an increased edge in performance?  Get the most out of your Data Logging System! >

Need an increased edge in performance? Get the most out of your Data Logging System!

Notices

Need an increased edge in performance? Get the most out of your Data Logging System!

Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need an increased edge in performance? Get the most out of your Data Logging System!

Hello, my name is J.B. Hudson, I’ve worked with a couple of Cat hull teams over the past 5 years in various functions, from anything in the crew duties to Crew Chief and wheel time, testing the boat. I also bring almost 20 years of Drag Racing knowledge and experience, working with 270 mph Dragster and Funny Car teams, to the offshore world in hopes of working with teams that have the same passion as I have come to gain for the sport of Offshore Powerboat Racing.

I’ve worked with a lot of talented individuals and have had the opportunity to learn and try a lot of new things in high performance racing. Most of my offshore experience is working specifically with the 388 Skater hull and finding ways to improve its efficiency in the spec 525 cat classes, which we were able to make significant gains in various departments of the boat such as acceleration and turning efficiencies. My goal is to work with teams to interpret and provide vital data needed to improve on their current performance. I am respectful to a team’s data and technology and do maintain discretion when working between teams.

Data Acquisition is essential, if not mandatory to be able to compete at the top of today’s competition. There is not a team in NHRA, NASCAR, INDY, Road Racing or F1 that does not have some level of data acquisition and this year SBI might require them for certain classes, which is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the best tool a racer can have and learn from. It is the most vital tool when it comes to learning the values and characteristics of your boat and the equipment used in the setup combination, not to mention the aid it provides to drivers and throttle-men in adjusting to course layouts and characteristics.

The problem is that a lot of people either don’t have the desire or time to go through and learn the programs and how to interpret the data that the system provides, thus all of that useful information just falls to the side. Teams resort to stop watches and trying to read and remember gauges while trying to maintain a straight course and/ or trim level. It does not equate to consistent and static test results, at best.

An example of services I can provide is below.

- Analysis of Collected Onboard Data
o Test Session Reports & Analysis
o Complete Race Reports
 Segmented turn & straight- away detail
- Data Interpretation Coaching
- Custom Data File Creation
- Detailed Weather/ Course Conditions/ Race Set-up logs
- Engine efficiency R & D, Monitoring & Diagnostics
- Aerodynamics/ Hull Efficiency R & D
- Safety Development
- Race Site/ Team Management

In addition, I specialize in Low- voltage electronic systems as my professional trade and also an official dealer for a high performance hose & fittings company. I feel that I can be useful in all aspects of a team, if needed.

Serious inquiries only please, feel free to email or call me. Rates vary depending on a team’s race/test schedule and race site locations. I also have referrals available upon request.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

With Success,

J.B. Hudson
(843) 816- 6887
[email protected]