Notices

Blown motor?

Old 04-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

OPA teams don't get anything from Merc. either. Its been years since Merc pulled out of supporting racing. They used to bring a tractor trailer full of parts and would do work for you if needed. They also had a contingency plan that paid out in the form of credit. When the hard times hit this country it all went away. There are such few teams that run there product in racing as compared to the poker run and recreational market that I believe they put there efforts into selling them. IMO only.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
Everybody knows that THAT boat bought a free pass. Why would you think that there would be a penalty?
I think that thing is a mess. If it is such a bad a?? boat, then it should be able to pass a competitor without jumping the gun. Furthermore, I think ( and i could be wrong, wasn't there you know ) but the announcers said that it was Doc and Brian Forehand in the boat. This is the Brian Forehand everyone on here likes to raise up high, as the allmighty throttleman of SVL. Well, the guy with the wheel in his hand didn't get the boat to pass the pace boat by sawing the wheel back and forth.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Data logger have been approved (Race Pak ) in 4 classes so SBI can monitor RPM's affective at the Sarasota race race in July. Also spec class motors will be teched and sealed after inspection at no cost to the racers.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:06 AM
Registered

Race Pak techs will be at the races offering support to the teams and working with the SBI inspection team.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
I think that thing is a mess. If it is such a bad a?? boat, then it should be able to pass a competitor without jumping the gun. Furthermore, I think ( and i could be wrong, wasn't there you know ) but the announcers said that it was Doc and Brian Forehand in the boat. This is the Brian Forehand everyone on here likes to raise up high, as the allmighty throttleman of SVL. Well, the guy with the wheel in his hand didn't get the boat to pass the pace boat by sawing the wheel back and forth.
Brian drives and throttles the boat.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Data logger have been approved (Race Pak ) in 4 classes so SBI can monitor RPM's affective at the Sarasota race race in July. Also spec class motors will be teched and sealed after inspection at no cost to the racers.
Good move. I like it.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by extras
Brian drives and throttles the boat.
What does Doc do? Watch for the Green Flag?
Old 04-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Registered

The RacePak deal is awesome, for those who have not been able to use one before, any logger for that fact has the ability to teach you so much about the boat and how it runs where etc. I think its a great tool for the team, as well as a decent way to tech certain parameters. They would be great tools as well if you had the actuators hooked to drives and tabs etc. for logging of angle adjustments, throttle position etc. In the event of an accident or a even a misstep like a slide or spin, You could go back and look at it and know right where everything was. You could catch stuff like the pilot ran a tab the wrong way, or the drive was too high, low etc. All good tools for future use and improvement. Set up right you can have constant slip % monitoring and combine it with a real time camera system and it will show even more, as well as make some cool videos to provide on social media and to sponsors current and future.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:52 PM
Registered

SBI will strictly be monitoring RPM'S at this time. Racers have the ability to buy other accessories at racers discount.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Registered

If I can help with that stuff in any way, let me know. I am pretty sure I still have the software ( may need an update ) and I thoroughly enjoy filtering through the info, analyzing laps, testing etc. I would look at stuff and help if I can,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.