Notices

Super vee motor

Old 07-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have been very impressed with the Ilmor MV8 570 in our boats. Their product and their organization are all 100% first class.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a first class act. They have been at all the SBI races this yr and very active and helpful supporting the teams they have done motors for.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 07-14-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has Mercury been to either SBI or OPA supporting their product line like Scorpion/Illmor and the numerous other engine manufacturers out there have been? I love both of my Mercury motors to death, but if they dont offer support at the race sites its time to at least hear what Frank has to say and at least give us options instead of being held at the mercy of mercury's rip off pricing. When I built my sealed 525, I was able to get the exact Mercury parts directly at Crane down the street for 25% of the price Mercury wanted. Cost me 300 for the complete set of Mercury seals when I believe Mercury is charging $12,000.00 nowadays what a joke...
Old 07-14-2014, 04:18 PM
bwd
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I would think that is correct. Allowing teams to race in either OPA or SBI is a beautiful thing IMO. As a boat racer myself in a class that has different rules it limits many teams from cross racing SBI or OPA and makes it impossible to have a true World Champion at the end of the year !!!!! Heck they cant even agree to get the GPS class at the same speed LOL
Now that's funny and true. Or the class number for that matter.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered

In todays economy its great seeing so many engine builders back in Offshore again. Their support at the race sites this yr has been awesome , and they have made efforts to make a long term commitment to support as many teams as they can.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Registered

Hopefully we r on the right track boat count and heads up racing has never been better. Superboat, Superboat Vee and SS have had some awesome racing and great turn out.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 07-14-2014 at 06:12 PM.