Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
New SVL being built !!! >

New SVL being built !!!

Notices

New SVL being built !!!

Old 12-31-2015, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all. Happy new year and a butt whoopin to all you all's in 2016.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:07 PM
Registered

On a happy note. I'm looking to have some fun racing in 2016. Hopefully the class will have good numbers. If I hit the lotto I'll buy twin step boats and 510 cu engines for everyone. We will race mid USA, 15 x 10 mile laps on Saturday and Sunday and a 100k purse. Happy new year.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Randy you can convert your 525 according to the specs in the rulebook pretty simple it eqsy compression cubic inch and go to an MSD ignition.

You don't even have to buy a new motor it would probably cost you five or $6,000 converted ur motor. And the intakes and computers you take off and the throttle bodies are all saleable.

If you look at Steve M new motor it looks like a 525 with a carburetor on it.
SBI will never use 1 manufacturer or engine builder again if we do all we are doing is changing evils from Mercury to someone else. Once you have one proprietary builder and the prices start to creep up year after year we're right back in the same place we are now and have to find a new builder and change the rules again. I hope we learn something from history you don't need to repeat it again. The definition of an idiot is someone that does the same thing time after time and expect a different outcome.

This is a very simple motor to build it's based off of 502 block same as the 525 .

You can do it on $7.5K with a rebuild. We used all 525 peripherals and went to carb spec. The engine is closed cooled and idles very well. The hoses oil system etc all 525 so parts are easy and have same duty cycle as 525. The cam specs are the same as 525. The parts needed are Carb/flame arrestor, Intake manifold, MSD ignition (box and distributor), fuel pump and wiring harness. The cam specs are 525 as are all internal components and cylinder heads. A new team would also need a racepak G2X. You can tune this engine yourself rather than getting a tune through the mail or sending engine to one of two guys who can do it.
Steve
Old 01-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Steve, All Great info.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Registered

Indeed!
Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Randy,
You of all have seen the damage(elimination) to 2 classes done by Mercury by discontinuing a motor....

... I personally chose to do business with engine builders that support the racers, organizations and charge reasonable prices for the very same quality that Mercury has put out
Old 01-24-2016, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member
VIP Member

"R&S Offshore Bad Boy32' SVL(honestly don't have a clue of status or intention, grandfathered into opa rule book). For the record Larry Fontecha is finishing the race boat up and we plan to be testing by the end of Feburday in Sarasota. First race will be Cocoa Cocoa Beach Fla. Larry will throttle for the first and second race. Howard
Old 01-24-2016, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great to hear Howard!!!!! Larry is the man!!! Also great to see ya'll back, cant wait to see you
Old 01-24-2016, 11:21 AM
Registered

Nice! This class is growing. Should be a lot of fun. Looks like several brands will be competing.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Registered

For my roostertail.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RandS RACING
"R&S Offshore Bad Boy32' SVL(honestly don't have a clue of status or intention, grandfathered into opa rule book). For the record Larry Fontecha is finishing the race boat up and we plan to be testing by the end of Feburday in Sarasota. First race will be Cocoa Cocoa Beach Fla. Larry will throttle for the first and second race. Howard
Congratulations good luck with the new boat, look forward to seeing in Cocoa. Getting very interesting this yr, looks like a full class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.