Change the designations in the Outlaw Classes >

Change the designations in the Outlaw Classes

Notices

Change the designations in the Outlaw Classes

Old 10-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

..and this all means nothing, since I'm in OPA/SBI and the discussion from your end is APBA!!

I'm done now..
Old 10-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Waterboy1

Marty & Bob,
If you actually look at the current APBA Offshore rule book(page 176);the P Classes are supposed to be competing for divisional points only.....and the National Champions, with the right to use the number 1 for each P Class,is supposed to be a single race event at the World Championships.That makes more sennse to me.

Old 10-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Lightbulb

Bob:

I've raced in Factory 1 , Factory 2 , Super Vee Light and now P3. I'm not hiding in the P - Classes for easy victories. When I ran in the other " Professional Classes" , I wound up with a full blown race boat with no cabin interior and then a canopy. I chose to run the P-Classes because I now have a boat with cabin interior , stereo, etc and we spend much more time in the boat doing what we love - Boating, plus my boat will smoke all of the other boats I've ever ran. BH
Old 10-24-2002, 03:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I think the p-class are great,it helps get some older boats off trailers .to race agan. I just got a old b boat. and p class help me race it.
yes i like to see a.b.c..d. class

A-class -----P-5
B-class------p-4

Mike
Old 10-25-2002, 07:48 PM
Waterboy1

The main point of this thread was about changing the designations in the Outlaw Classes and not as much about national or divisional points etc..Class designations like Factory 1(F1) and Factory 2(F2) make sense due to single and twin engine factory type boats.....but Performance 1(P1) includes TWIN and TRIPLE engine cats and vee bottoms that race at the same time as the F1 boats; the other designations are confusing and just dont look good either.For example, an F1 is a smaller and slower boat than an F2.. yet P1 is a BIGGER and FASTER boat than a P2.P5 is mostly SINGLE engine boats; if anything P5 should P1!!!!!.Adding to the confusion is that most divisional events are largely made up of Outlaw P boats(APBA) and Divisional P boats(SBI/OPA)...at the OPA races last year, some people were overheard saying why do most of the boats have P's on them.Replace P5 with A,P4 with B,P3 with C,P2 with D, and P1 with E.This makes more sense and provides seperation from F1 and F2 and just looks a whole lot better in my opinion.

Old 10-26-2002, 09:53 AM
Waterboy1

Mike,
This sugeestion was based on the assumption that the A & B Classes are going to be merged into the bracket classes.There are only a couple of A & B boats still running mostly in The Great Lakes Series.

Old 10-26-2002, 08:09 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default national points

apba voted before the cleveland race to award national points as well as making that race a north east divisional race. fyi
Old 10-27-2002, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-classes

T.V. for P classes? Really now, there is barely enough time for the larger classes to be shown. Having 5 P classes is most confusing, and yes there are way to many classes in offshore in general. But that is a way for everyone to find a class that they can win in. If you only have two boats in a class, its a 50/50 chance you'll win. And there needs to be some kind of policing of the p classes. I ran my 24 Skater in two p-3 classes this year. The guys I raced against averaged 81 while the super stock (110 mile an hour boats) averaged 83! Hmmm. My old 32 skater that my dad and I raced and won many races and championships in Modified and Open and set up correctly had a top speed of 120. I heard that the new owner raced in p-2. Come on, what a joke. Alot of these new classes were formed out of what used to be the old divisional classes. Go back to the L class for rookies and guys with shallow pockets. Guys with the big bucks, and with nice sponsors should move up and race a larger class. My .02
Old 10-28-2002, 05:22 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Agitator,
just curious was this the class they put you in, ive seen Ryan Beckly's boat placed in P-2, what is the difference in boats ??
Old 10-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default ?

Agitator:

What 2 races did you race in this year? Just curious. BH

Quick Reply: Change the designations in the Outlaw Classes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.