Notices

Maryland Boyz??????

Old 12-10-2002, 11:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maryland Boyz??????

O.K. I may regret even starting this thread but we can't let the Jersey guys have all the fun. For those of you following the Jersey threads-this question is for you. I think that a race in Maryland might be a nice compliment and addition to the races in Jersey. Same basic rules, more fun than profit, limited classes and a one day race schedule. The infrastructure is still available if needed and the interest is quiet but still there.

So let's hear it-if a race is held in Maryland who's coming and wants to get involved. Will we get some help from Jersey if necessary, maybe a little trophy series??? Let's hear some ideas and response and we'll see where it goes from there.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TED,way to go!!!!!!I have to go to Orlando today as my Daughter is in the National Cheerleading competetion Tomorrow for The Toms River,NJ Angels 12 year old Division so get in touch with Kurt(732)477-7400,Smitty(EDDIE) (732)920-3945 ,Fax or E-Mail a list of dates as we are having The Jersey Boyz first meeting 12/21/02 and we'll bring all this up. I'm sure if it doesn't conflict with any other races,we'll be there.Keep Kurt,Eddie,myself and Bruce Sceroff advised,Thanks Augie
Old 12-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Smittymarine

Boyz Boyz Boyz they just seem tobe everywhere. I spoke to Kurt B. He is reaching out for you, If there is anything I can do Email or call 732 920 3945 Smitty. AKA WWWWWWAAAAAAAZZZZUUUUPPPPP

Old 12-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Raced in Baltimore in 1999 (first race), Ocean City 1999 and 2000, several national sites in 1999, 2000,2001. Sat out last year do to engine and time problems. Planning to race again in 2003. Would like to see a race (or 2) in O.C. I don't think the CBPBA is interested in putting on any more races. Does anyone know what happened to the MAPA which put on the OC races in 2000 and 2001.
If time permits I intend to go to the meeting in New Jersey on the 21st. I think the best scenario would be for an OC race as part of a series including the Jersey races.
BTW , I think the APBA may still be working on some sites for the NE.

Last edited by raynman; 12-11-2002 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Smittymarine

Raynman, We will see what happens in the next couple of weeks as far as a schedule. Jersey is not that far from you. If some of you guys want to come up and race, we can store your boats up here between races. I have a large in door facility on the water. We are seriously interested in racing with you keep in touch. Try and make the meeting if you can. We have a lot of racers coming, should be a great time. Ed Wazzup Racing

Old 12-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

It would be great to have another race in Maryland. We ran in a 'Fontain' (LOL)(We grenaded a drive at the start, no less) in OC a few years back. My Top Gun will be rerigged by late spring, so we would be up for a race. We're based in Ocean City, MD but I have a place in Baltimore as well, so I can do either. Obviously I would prefer OC due to the water conditions.

Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-25-2002, 09:39 PM
mjuwalters

We raced in the early club races out of sandy point. We would love to have a bay race to run. Just not killing enough parts in a normal summer. Good job Ted, lets do it.
I have seen John Wilmouth lurking on this board. Whats up John? Are you getting involved? Any races gonna happen in Ocean City this year? If one race would two would be better.