Unofficial, preliminary F1 Pro Grade Standings >

Unofficial, preliminary F1 Pro Grade Standings

Notices

Unofficial, preliminary F1 Pro Grade Standings

Old 05-19-2003, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unofficial, preliminary F1 Pro Grade Standings

For some reason, the APBA Offshore site doesn't reflect Maraton in their Pro Grade Points standings. I attempted the calculation based on available info. I am not sure whether the DNS boats count towards bonus points. With 2 boats DNS at Marathon, that should account for 2 bonus points. My calculation currently reflects them. Please correct me where I am wrong.

Unofficial, preliminary F1 Pro Grade Standings.

Rank Points Boat
1 182 F1-10, Winnebago, Activator
2 155 F1-29, Typhoon, Kryptonite
3 146 F1-83, Screamin' Eagle, Warlock
4 130 F1-68, World Player, Superboat
5 115 F1-52, Offshore Addiction, Warlock
6 107 F1-90, H2O, Warlock
7 96 F1-56, Velocity VR1, Warlock
8 86 F1-1, Activator, Activator
9 77 F1-30, Superboat, Superboat
Old 05-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure how it works out, but the rules say something about divisional races and using points from them and then throwing out your lowest pro race. Its gonna make it interesting towards the end of the season.
Right now if you figure St Cloud
Velocity 1st
Screamin Eagle 2nd
Offshore Addiction 3rd
I think it says 2 Div = 1 Pro race
Dan
Old 05-19-2003, 09:19 AM
Registered

Rule 4-C

"C. Pro Series Dropped Race Make-Up Points / Divisional Race Participation –
In order to encourage more participation at Divisional events, APBA Offshore will offer Pro Series boats an opportunity to improve their total points accumulated for the year toward a Pro Series Championship by attending a Divisional event. A Pro Series boat may elect to drop their lowest score from any one (1) Pro Series race and make up those dropped points in accordance with the following procedure. Specifically, Pro Series points will be awarded to a team participating in a Divisional event according to its finishing position at that event. The points actually awarded shall be 100% of the total points assigned to that finishing position in accordance with the chart above, including points earned under paragraph B of this Rule. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a team may only apply the make-up points secured pursuant to this paragraph from a maximum of one divisional event. To be eligible to receive points under this sub-paragraph, a minimum of two legal boats in the class must start in the race in which the team is competing for points. Subject to this one race limitation, any make-up points received by a boat under this paragraph shall be added to the final total of Pro Series points earned by that boat only if that boat has elected to drop their lowest score for any one Pro Series race. "

Meaning: Divisional points are not automatically added. It's elective. A team must drop a Pro Series race and replace it with one (1) result of a Divisional. Most boats will perform this gambit at the very end of the season.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotcha
So I guess it says you only need to attend 1 Div race not 2 and you dont claim it till the year ends.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered

Oh, you can probably claim it anytime you desire. But waiting till the end while maximizing your divisional results increases your odds. Which, I believe, is the intended effect. A very wise rule.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Registered

It also says you have to attend all National races for you to drop your lowest paoints race.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:16 PM
Registered

Hmm. Interesting. Where does it say that?
Old 05-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Offshore Addiction

I did not see that either....

Old 05-20-2003, 09:49 AM
Registered

I'm sorry, Mike T. announced it in the drivers meeting in Daytona.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

Gino: It ain't in the regs. I was at that meeting and I don't recall that he said it. In any case, the written regs should supercede anything that had been said.

Everybody: Official Pro Grade Champion Points are finally posted at http://www.apba-offshore.com/highpoints.cfm?ClassID=8

Apparently, Did Not Start doesn't count for bonus points. Therefore, points awarded by APBA are a teeny weeny bit lower than my calculation. This season shapes up to be very interesting. Very tight grouping.

Quick Reply: Unofficial, preliminary F1 Pro Grade Standings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.