Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Join The Doc At Tenn River Rally This Weekend! >

Join The Doc At Tenn River Rally This Weekend!

Notices

Join The Doc At Tenn River Rally This Weekend!

Old 06-02-2003, 07:45 PM
FtLaudGranPrix

Default Join The Doc At Tenn River Rally This Weekend!

June 6th & 7th, 2003 Event

TENNESSEE RIVER TO ROCK WITH POKER RUN
FOR SERTOMA CENTER - MY LIFE FOUNDATION
5/2903- Knoxville, TN - - John Johannes wanted to do something for special people who have no one to care for them, so he came up with a plan. That plan will come to fruition the weekend of June 6th and 7th, as the 1st Annual Tennessee River Rally Poker Run rocks the shores, bringing over 35 + boaters from as far away as Cleveland to help raise funds for the Sertoma Center’s My Life Foundation. And, Johannes says there is still time to enter.
"We have extended our deadline to allow boaters from the area a chance to get involved in the excitement of meeting other boaters in a fun and casual environment, and it’s all for a great cause."
It certainly is, especially for residents of the Sertoma Center, who are provided hope, and a housing community where involvement includes teaching residents with mental retardation the job skills necessary to allow them to exist in today’s society.
In fact, as part of the Child SMILE America Tour, National and World Champion Powerboat Racing Dentist, Dr. Gerardo Santiago will be on hand, along with powerboat racer, Andrew Moon, to give rides in the Lanier Harbor Marina PokerRun.com paceboat. The exciting part is that the rides will be given to My Life Foundation residents, many who may have never had the opportunity to share in the experience of boating on the Tennessee River. An added plus will be a $5,000.00 donation from Barkley and Dee Geib, owners of the Lanier Harbor Marina, who will be celebrating the 10th Anniversary of their Poker Run, the weekend of August 9th on Lake Lanier.
The Tennessee River Rally will be held on Friday, June 6th, with registration for boaters at Volunteer Landing, off Riverside Drive. The My Life Foundation Rides will be held at 5:00 P.M.
Boats will be on display to the public from Friday, at 3:00 P.M. through Saturday’s Awards at 7:00 P.M, and there will be two categories of entrants. Cruiser entries will depart at 9:30 A.M. High Performance boats will leave the docks at 10:30 A.M. and entries continue to be accepted online at www.tenneesseeriverrally.com.
The event is sponsored by Lanier Harbor Marina Poker Run 2003, the Zero Cavity Racing Team, Boaters World.com, Fox Road Marina, Shadrack Watersports, Marine Consigment of Loudon County, 103.5 WIMZ Classic Radio, and Sea Tow. Media Coverage is provided by Poker Runs America Magazine and the Offshore Racing Review. For more information, contact John Johnannes, Telephone: 865-766-0291, tennesseesplash@ hotmail.com.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, June 6th - 2003
3:00pm - River Rally Entrant Registration
10:00pm Marriott - Downtown Knoxville
5:00pm Child SMILE America Tour Rides for the Sertoma Center , My Life Foundation
featuring Dr. Gerardo Santiago, National and World Champion Powerboat Racing Dentist, and Andrew Moon, Raceboat Driver from the Screaming Eagle Team
in the Lanier Harbor Marina PokerRun.com paceboat
(MEDIA WELCOME)

Saturday, June 7th - 2003
9:00am Mandatory Drivers Meeting Volunteer Landing
Downtown Knoxville, James White Parkway to Riverside Exit
Through light, to Stop, Go Right 200 yards
9:30am Cruiser Entrants Departure 88 mile course
10:30am Performance Entrants Departure 125 mile course
Lunch Picnic Lunch at Lenoir City, TN
7:00pm Dinner & Awards Volunteer Landing

Additional Information
Entry Fees $200 for boat driver and one passenger
Includes lunch & dinner
$45 for each additional passenger

For ALL Information Contact
John Johannes Tel 865-766-0291
Email to tennesseesplash@ hotmail.com
www.tennesseeriverrally.com

Sponsored by Lanier Harbor Marina Poker Run 2003, the Zero Cavity Racing Team, Boaters World.com, Fox Road Marina, Shadrack Watersports, Marine Consigment of Loudon County, 103.5 WIMZ Classic Radio, and Sea Tow. Media Coverage Provided by Poker Runs America Magazine and the Offshore Racing Review. Additional Sponsorships Still Available.

REGISTRATION Volunteer Landing, Downtown, Knoxville
Friday, 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Registration will be next to the restaurant at Volunteer Landing Site clearly seen. Parking is available Friday night in restaurant parking area WITHOUT TRAILERS. Please leave trailers in General Shale lot. Security will be provided for both boats and trailers all night.

DIRECTIONS
Dock & Parking - Volunteer Landing, Downtown, Knoxville
From the North
take I-75 South to I-275 South to I-40 East towards Ashville, take FIRST EXIT called James White Parkway, take RIVERSIDE EXIT and remain on Riverside through light and TO STOP SIGN. Go RIGHT at stop and go about 200 yards to launch ramp on right under bridge.

DIRECTIONS (con’t)
Dock & Parking - Volunteer Landing, Downtown, Knoxville
From the West
take I-40 East into town and take the James White Parkway, follow above directions.
From the East
take I-40 West, after the Cherry Street exit GET INTO LEFT LANE and take James White Parkway exit and follow above directions.

Parking is available UNDER THE BRIDGE and also in the General Shale Company property, which is to the right after you leave the launch ramp area.
After Launching, proceed down river approx. .5 mile past the Marina to DOCKS both in front of the restaurant and further down river before the next restaurant.
Fueling - 87 octane fuel at Marina PLEASE BRING ADDITIVES IF NEEDED

HOST HOTELS
Coming from the North
Highway Host Inn - Merchants Drive Exit, 10 rooms blocked
Call 865-688-8886 and Ask for Tennessee River Rally Rate $42.95 + tax

Comfort Inn - Merchants Drive Exit, 10 rooms blocked
Call 865-688-1010 and Ask for Tennessee River Rally Rate $58.95 + tax

Hampton Inn - Merchants Drive Exit, 6 rooms blocked
Call 865-689-1011 and Ask for Tennessee River Rally Rate $79.95 + tax

Coming from the East
Country Inn and Suites - Strawberry Plains Exit
Call 865-546-5700 and Ask for Tennessee River Rally Rate

Coming from South or West
Holiday Inn –Papermill – SOLD OUT 5/29/03

Old 06-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news Doc. Hope to see you in TN if we cam make it or here or in Savannah!

www.cincinnatirace.com

Terrah Lee