Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts
Default did you see this??

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=53086

a must read
Old 06-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever, I was guaranteed prize money in Deerfield last year but I guess the check got lost in the mail. If anyone chooses this race over Savannah good luck collecting
Old 06-24-2003, 10:07 PM
xtremeracingf1

Where we go being negative again Scott.
Good luck in Savannah and be safe.

Frank

Old 06-24-2003, 10:11 PM
Registered

Frank, that post is to lure APBA racers from Savannah.
I am just stating a fact. I never got paid prize money and it irks me.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:27 PM
xtremeracingf1

Scott,

Call John and I'm sure he would be happy to send you a check.If you want give me a call and I'll get your check for you and mail it to you when I'm in Sarasota next weekend.
When I spoke to John in Marathon he said he final got the money together for the racers that he got screwed out of in N.O,Copeland ever paid SBI a dime for the worlds last year.Being a man of his word he went to a bank and final got the money and plans on paying everyone. I know that shouldnt have been your problem but things in like dont always work out exactly the way we like.But in the end I think he will do the right thing,and make sure everyone gets paid.
Like I said if I can be any help let me know and I'll pick your check up for you ,and make sure I get it to u.

Frank
321 693-0023

Old 06-24-2003, 10:32 PM
xtremeracingf1

Scott,

Also I dont think it is to Lure the racrers from Savannah its just giving them options. I'm sure there are alot of local teams that dont want to travel to Savannah to race way now they have options and can make a choice for what best suits them.

Frank

Old 06-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Registered

Frank, It's not about the money, it is an insignificant amount.
I was given a 10 minute speel on how the prize moneys were broken down by the amount of entry's yada yada etc etc.
I wish they would have just said we got screwed by a sponsor, we will take care of you later or something to that effect. I would have said keep it. No acknowledgement by any one at any time.
The only one that ever mentions rectifying the situation is you.
You'll speak to John about New Orleans, you'll speak to john about Deerfield etc. How about a simple call saying sorry we meant what we said but we had a problem. If not for you speaking up, nothing would ever happen.
Thats what pisses me off.
PS Now that I think about it, I want my check so if you can help me out that would be great. Have him make it out to the Jack Stoerle Memorial fund. When I get it, you have my word that you will not ever see me post anything negative about SBI again.
That is my one and only gripe I have with SBI

Last edited by ScottB; 06-24-2003 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Registered

Also I dont think it is to Lure the racrers from Savannah its just giving them options. I'm sure there are alot of local teams that dont want to travel to Savannah to race way now they have options and can make a choice for what best suits them.
You may be right and for that comment I will give the benefit of the doubt and I apologize
Old 06-24-2003, 10:57 PM
xtremeracingf1

Scott,

Will do I'll talk to John tomorrow.
I think of you not only as fello racer but also as a friend and i will do what ever I can to get things straight.I've always enjoyed racing with you no matter APBA or SBI and I hope you know I would always do what ever I could to help any racer on and off the race course and that goes for me and my team.

Frank

Old 06-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Registered

Frank, My feelings are the same. You enjoy racing with SBI and I enjoy racing with APBA. They are two diffent flavors of competing in the same sport. I sincerely hope you have an excellent turnout for Sarasota and both sanctioning body's can be successful . I would love to see you guys have 30 + boats for Sarasota.
B-safe and B-fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.