Notices

North Carolina?

Old 07-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question North Carolina?

I noticed on the SBI website that the NC race is going to be called a "ProAm". Call me an idiot, but John is going to let Amateurs out there with the big boyz? I mean with the average turnout being 20 boats, there wont be 2 races but just 1. What happens when Muscle comes up on one of these so called Amateurs, can we say"Poop in the pants". I have learned that racing is tricky enough with the guys who do it month in and month out. NC is too nice of a venue to have an accident, and I think this compromises a lot of safety issues and insurance issues on top of it. Frank, your in the know on the SBI, please tell me I just read the website wrong.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:49 AM
mikejill

North Carolina?

Hey!
Wheres this race going to be? Where can I find more info...

I live in Raleigh.
If its at the outer banx, you can rent an entire house, sleeps 14 for around 900-1200 per week.
Anyone wanna chip in?

Hugs
I have my bags packed and ready to go!
Jill

Old 07-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jill,
The SBI races are held at the Fountain factory in Washington, NC down on the Tar/Pamlico river.

Ben

PS: I'm from Raleigh but just moved from Charlotte to Flagler Beach, FL.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ben

By chance were you involved in the boating industry up in in Charlotte? I was just curious cause I moved from Charlotte to Melbourne via Palm Coast. I worked @ the Wellcraft dealership in Gastonia from 95-2000. Who knows we might have bumped inot each other at some point and time. And then maybe not lol
Old 07-15-2003, 07:39 AM
Registered

F1-00,
I've done the SRP thing for over 12 years which included my Charlotte time, although while I lived in Charlotte I was in engineering and consulting. I was born in Raleigh lived on the east coast from the Keys to New England and Chicago for 7 years. I now live in Flagler Beach, which you know is just south of Palm Coast. But no, I didn't work in the marine industry in Charlotte. I did live at Lake Norman (not on it though) and had a great time there. You never know, we might have met some time down the line.

Take care, Ben
www.BenHedrick.com
Old 07-15-2003, 10:01 AM
mikejill

Hendrick?

Do you have a date on those, I would be glad to volunteer for that. I could even bring my family.

Glad to see someone from NC. Hendrick.... Doesnt your family run the auto place in Cary? If so, I give a thumbs up! We bought all of our cars there. Its the only place that would treat us like people, and get the car we wanted. They treated us exceptionally well.

I love Raleigh, Im originally from Cincinnati, Ohio. The only thing I dont like is... The town shuts down at 10:00!!!! And NO Skyline Chili.

Let me know what date and how I can help. Mike and I have a Baja that we would gladly like to use and help with. We are Nutz on the water, and always volunteer for the crazy jobs for the APBA.
Someday, I htink we will race....

Hugs
Jill

Old 07-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Registered

Jill,
I'm a Hedrick not a Hendrick (no "N") but I'm glad that you had a good car buying experience at Hendrick in Cary.
The race you're talking about is an SBI event, but I don't race for them. I think their web site is: www.superboat.com
And yea you're right, Raleigh does shut down around 10...
Old 07-27-2003, 01:47 AM
mikejill

Wink Key West, Freeport

Sorry bout that....

My eyes are crossing again....

Anyone know anymore about N Carolina...

We are talking about following each other to Key West and West Palm (to bahammas). if interested let me know and we will meet up.

Jill & Mike