Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Any results from Alabama >

Any results from Alabama

Notices

Any results from Alabama

Old 08-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Defector

Thanks for the news Princess, I too have it in my calendar for next year. 'bama was the best race this year and last year. Won't miss it.

Old 08-29-2003, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, drama in the race world! I was in Orange Beach, and I thought the race was great. SBI may not have as big of events as APBA has, but the races are just as exciting. Whoever mentioned the fun at Live Bait Too was right. It was a kick ass time there, and at FloraBama the next night as well.

Augie, that was the first time I had gotten a chance to see your Pensa boat. I have a great pic of it, alongside the Wazzup and Fountain boat in the pits if you'd like me to forward it to you.

The Switch boat DID roll in the dunk test, and they spent all night trying to repair the canopies that sheared off, so they could race on Sunday.

I'm not sure what the final boat count was - about 25 I think, which was many more than the Washington, North Carolina race.

I had a great time chatting with all the racers and crews. Everyone was more than willing to talk about their boats and teams. Races are what you make of them........if you go to have a kick ass time, then you will. Racing is racing baby!
Old 08-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Registered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dirty Race Girl
[B]Wow, drama in the race world!

The Switch boat DID roll in the dunk test,

That would be more than drama, That would be incredible getting that big boat in that little dunker. the boat was bigger than the pool.....
Old 08-30-2003, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Denise.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Registered

Thumbs up WoooHoooo!

To Robin, Gary, and the entire crew of The GulfShores PowerBoat Association:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Our first race since putting a team back together, Orange Beach was incredible!
My husband Stan raced with Al Copeland for years for Popeyes/ Diet Coke and decided to put a team together late last year.
Every person on our team is a rookie except for him, and we're well pleased with how we ran, even though we had a breakdown at the beginning of lap ten.

The people of Orange Beach are the most receptive, fun people I have ever met, and my entire crew danced on the tables at FloraBama!

We had a blast at Live Bait every night too! We are definitely booking our room RIGHT NOW for next year, if we don't move there in the meantime. We just fell in love with the place, the people, everything.

I checked out your website and you guys have got great photos of all the action. Keep up the great work.

Kindest Regards,
LyAnn Ware
Team Popeyes
Old 08-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Registered

Lyann, I'm so glad ya'll did get to race. We saw the boat down at the wet pits for a good part of Saturday and they were saying it was questionable whether the boat would race. Best of luck in future races, and I think that the Orange Beach race next year will have TWICE the turn out. It really was a kick ass time.

I didn't see ya'll dancing on the tables at FloraBama though.......haha!
Old 08-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

Default orange beach

I want to thank Gary Nicholls and all of the O.B. crew. What a great job. Also thanks to David Woods and 57 crew for their help, without them we would not have been able to run. I have competed in over 150 races since 1980 and this was in the top bracket for hospitality and professionalism. Anyone doubting Gary"s driving ability obviously is a premier armchair Q.B. Being a world champion and national champion 6 times A.P.B.A. I can promise you from my viewpoint, which was driving behind him, Gary and his crew deserve due credit as a professional offshore race driver and team. Congratulations Gary and Billy on your driving as well as your race.

Sincerely

Stan Ware

Popeyes Race Team
Old 08-30-2003, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Stan, Hey Lyann, you guy's looked and ran great. Smitty's wife"Mama Wazzup" takes all the photos of The Jersey Boyz, If there are any of you I will pm you and get them out to ya. Are you coming to NYC next Sunday? Talk to you soon, Augie
Old 09-01-2003, 10:03 AM
LOBSTERBOY

Hey Stan and Ly Ann ,you guy's are one of the classy team's out there,thanks for a great weekend !!!

but i tell ya, the drive back to home killed me

call me Marc Lafleur 954-818-2483

Quick Reply: Any results from Alabama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.