Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Let's put a end to this engine package already!!!! >

Let's put a end to this engine package already!!!!

Notices

Let's put a end to this engine package already!!!!

Old 08-29-2003, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Let's put a end to this engine package already!!!!

To me there is one quick solution for this year!!
Its like Randy said..( I can't believe I just said that ) we followed the APBA rules of the engine package and know it comes to this. Since Randy and Mark invested the money for the 525 the APBA should give Randy and Mark a 500 EFI, and let us go out the rest of the year and run the snot out of it and see if the out come is any different in the race. The F2'S don't seem to be having this much trouble with it as us, so do it for the F1's and see if it is the engines. You might say its a expensive fix, but its really not for such a big question. We stopped testing for the rest of the year because it makes no sence to look for more speed and better handling for credit to be given to the 525. It's sad, but this season should have been the best and most fun for me but its not, the win really dos'nt mean much when apparentley its the 525 that's why were out front. I can say with no doubt I had more fun getting the S#IT knocked out of me in my Fountain an know we were in a race because we could'nt give anymore without being seriousley injured than now crossing the finish line there's only going to be more controversy, I think Mark is also feeling the same way, Where acually looking foward this weekend racing in Grand Haven with the F1's, We seem to be having more fun at the Great Lakes races then enywhere else, there they know when are boat is flying great in 3 footers and Tony from BRE is trying to spear fish with his bow we seem to just have a great time before, during and after the race.
Just my 2 cents.....somebody needs to make a decision to end this crap!!!!!
Great Lakes guys see you this weekend were looking foward to having a great tiime.
Gino

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-29-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:02 PM
Registered

Well said, Gino.

Even simpler suggestion: Let Randy run the white Typhoon at the next race. 500 EFI. That should settle the debate.

(All: As per APBA rules, he can't do that. He swapped the hull and there's no swapping back. He would need a special ruling. But since there are so many special rulings ....)
Old 08-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Gino, see you in GH, sucks you have to deal with all the BS, I know the time you and Mark put into this year.