Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Ft Laud Race Headquarters UPDATE!!!! >

Ft Laud Race Headquarters UPDATE!!!!

Notices

Ft Laud Race Headquarters UPDATE!!!!

Old 09-15-2003, 07:53 PM
FtLaudGranPrix

Default Ft Laud Race Headquarters UPDATE!!!!

From the Race Headquarters of the
2003 Ft. Lauderdale Offshore Gran Prix
APBA Offshore GMC Pro Grade Series Event
AND APBA Offshore S.E. Divisional Points Series Event

Hello Teams!!
I tried in vain to use a new system by APBA Offshore’s webmaster, Andrew Corn, but an avid MAC system user, it didn’t work, so
I apologize in advance that you did not receive the info over the weekend. Andrew has been kind enough to assist me in forwarding
These updates to you from this point on, thank you Drew!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU ON A MESSAGE BOARD POSTING WHO DO NO RECEIVE THE [email protected] messages, please notify Drew via the www.apbaoffshore.com site to add your email address to your membership information list.

ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
YES, this is officially a GMC Pro Grade Series points chase.. I mean race. For those not competing for the National Title, is also counts as a qualifier for the World Championships, as well as for Southeast Divisional Points along with Daytona, Marathon, Savannah, Sarasota and St. Pete.

ENTRY MANUAL
Many of you have outdated manuals, in so much as I have been handing out since last year in Key West. Although the forms have remained the same, I do have all the newer information located in the packets, much of which is untypical of the norm events.
Please make sure to go to www.ftlauderdaleoffshoregranprix.com
and download the latest Racer Manual, which has been reformatted into a WORD document, so you PC users can open it!

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY
Yes, we do have room for more than 50 boats, however Deadline for ALL Entry Fees AND Forms is September 26, 2003. Sorry, no exceptions, meaning there is no entry on race weekend, and you cannot just show up, unless you plan to use your boat in the spectator fleet. We do have limited space, therefore, as you will read in the manual, the following will have to apply:

ALL TEAM HOTEL RESERVATIONS are made on the Hotel/Dock reservation form inside the packet and it is URGENT that you complete them so we can reserve your rooms, including the complimentary room that comes with your entry, as well as any additional team rooms. Please use the hotel reservation form, and fax it to my office ASAP at 954-796-9226, or email it to [email protected].

PIT SPACE
By now, most of you know how very limited our space in the pits will be, that is why I am asking you all to remember, we must all work together to make this the best race possible. So far, I want to thank all of you who have worked with me to work within the guidelines we have for this year, and plans will be updated to house a larger event for the 2004 lineup. In the meantime, once you arrive to the pits, you will be placed in your spot, and we ask that you unhook your transport vehicle and park it either in the Radisson lot, or across the street in the city parking until you need it to move your vehicle.

In addition, there is not adequate space to house additional trailers at this event, within our gated area, however, the Radisson has allowed parking of large transport shop vehicles, 10 total, in their space available at $50 a day and I have 6 spots left. As there are no canopies/tents/RV’s allowed, these teams will have access to come and go from their transport trailer, however they have agreed on the requirements that no canopies, tents, bbq, etc. will occur. It is strictly used to house their equipment and retain use of such when needed, by transporting it back to the boat within the gated areas. Again, thank you to those teams who have agreed to work with us on that program. If you wish space for your trailer, please email me asap at [email protected] keeping in mind that if it is NOT needed, you won’t bring it. Competitive EDGE Marine will have their race shop trailer on site next to the APBA inspection trailer for your needs, or to store extra equipment, and you may use that area to work on your boat as well. Throttle Up Propellers will also be servicing their clients from there as well.

RV PARKING
It is my understanding from visits to OSO that a few of you will be driving your RV to the races, and realizing there is no space to park in the pits, you can park your RV across the street in the city parking area during the day time.

Our presenting sponsor, Mr. Ray Anthony (New Auto Toy Store, Anthony Crane, Anthony Aviation, Aqua Toy Store, Hummerzine) has generously donated use of his lots next to the New Auto Toy Store at the former Alpine Jaguar location and his older Aqua Toy Store showroom, for RV parking. The cost for RV parking will be $50 for the weekend, payable as a donation to the Child SMILE America Tour and the areas are located across from and east of the New Auto Toy Store, I-95 to Sunrise Blvd east. You can’t miss the beautiful display of exotic cars that line the street.

Please cut and paste the following from the form here and email the info to my office to reserve your space ASAP.

RV OVERNIGHT PARKING REQUEST FORM

Name of Team

Name of Team Contact

Tel

Email

RV Driver

On location cell

Estimated day/time of arrival

Total length/width

PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF YOUR INSURANCE, AND CONTACT YOUR INSURANCE PROVIDER FOR AN ADDITIONAL INSURED CERTIFICATE for that weekend naming The New Auto Toy Store
as an additional insured.

FAX OR EMAIL BOTH TO ME AT
Tel/Fax 954-796-9226
[email protected]

And please remember, this is one of the largest sponsors of our event. There is absolutely no partying or otherwise noisemaking in that lot, so do your partying at the pits and parties and use the facility for sleeping!! Again, thanks in advance for your cooperation!

WOW!! Thank you to our Super Cat Teams for the $3,000.00 donation to Kids In Distress!! Gary Montano started the ball rolling by donating a $1,000.00 check in the name of whatever Super Cat Team wins on Saturday of the Races, to Kids In Distress. Then Tom Abrams of Reliable Carriers jumped in to match it. Finally, Jose Pepe Llama (pronounced YAH MA), added his $1,000. making it a Super Duper Super Cat Donation of $3,000.00 added to Barkley Geib’s overwhelming donation of $20,000.00 on behalf of the race for a total raised so far of $23,000.00 !!!! WOWWWWWW!!!
Read all about it on www.apbaoffshore.com Big Bucks Battle!

NEXT!!! SQUEEZE THIS!!!
Jim Richardson of the Ettore Squeegees/Mercury Racing Super Vee Team called to donate $2,000.00 to the Child SMILE America Tour!! The Tour, going to Ft. Lauderdale, and which travels the US with powerboat racing dentists Dr. Gerardo Santiago and Dr. Enrique Ochoa in their Zero Cavity Bat and Cigarette boats, Barkley Geib and Andrew Moon in the Bark man’s PokerRun.com Formula FasTech, along with yours truly, Competitive EDGE Marine, the Offshore Racing Review and the Aqua Toy Store, all provide rides for the kids and funds for the charities at selected APBA races and Poker Runs America events nationwide. Ettore Squeegees now joins the team as a presenter for the 2004 Tour, and gets included in the media and marketing for the tour!! THANKS JIM, to you and YOUR WHOLE TEAM and sponsors! (Read about it soon on www.apbaoffshore.com)

NEW PARTY SPONSOR
The Days Inn Bahia Cabana Beach Resort and Marina, located at the South end of the Radisson Marina, will be the host of our Friday Night Meet the Racers Party. They will be our second Poker Hand Stop, and will provide comp appetizers PLUS happy hour drink specials for you and your friends. (Remember the Race Day is Saturday, so BE the designated walker in your group)
We have a couple more party plans in the works, and all updated news will be posted on our website at
www.ftlauderdaleoffshoregranprix.com so stop by often!

WHOSE COMING!!
I read a lot of posts about who is coming, well,
AN UPDATED LIST OF PAID ENTRIES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT
www.apbaoffshore.com

AGAIN, YOU MUST SEND IN YOUR ENTRY FORMS, AND PAYMENT BY THE 26TH OF SEPTEMBER TO BE ENTERED, so if you don't see your name on that official list, I have not received your entry forms, your payment, or both… therefore, you are not yet officially entered.
The good news for you AND THE FANS is that the names you do see are definitely coming!!

Just so you know, by completing ALL the forms and sending them ALL IN, your check in procedure will be quickly processed and you will be able to move on to inspections and testing. I am working closely with both Jim Poplin and Dee Kimes so that they are aware IN ADVANCE of who will be – we are propelling CHECK IN to the fast lane!!!

Well, that’s it for now. On to a few more sponsorships,
which pass benefits back to you. In the meantime, to keep the miscommunications to a minimum, and the experience to an absolutely awesome time –
FIRE UP FOR FT. LAUDERDALE
And we’ll see you in just a few weeks!!!

Michelle May – Schmidt
Race Producer
Ft. Lauderdale Offshore Gran Prix
Tel/Fax 954-796-9226
Email: [email protected]
www.ftlauderdaleoffshoregranprix.com

Old 09-16-2003, 09:39 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2003, 11:26 AM