APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement????? >

APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement?????

Notices

APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement?????

Old 09-30-2003, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Phantom1
Just yesterday, I was in the middle of a real estate closing where the closing documents did not coincide with the final agreed upon contract. The attorney reviewed a modified contract, and signed off on it - but it was not the one that was sent to the closing attorney.

Disclaimer - I am not implying that is the case with APBA.
That sucks. I hope you were still able to do the deal. The bait and switch PISSES ME OFF! A deal is a deal! When you shake hands on it or give your word, in my book it is as good as signed, sealed, and delievered. Unfortunately, today many people don't do it that way, sometimes it can really catch up with you. See story of Don Aronow and Ben Kramer for more details.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:49 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

You know what....... ? Maybe we should all wait and see what transpires. At least this story will play out in black and white......

May the truth prevail.

T2x
Old 09-30-2003, 04:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: Re: Re: APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement?????

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Really....I agree....why try to do it without Mike A?
Now before this starts looking like the other mud slinging thread, don't you think you should ask if Mike A was invited to the meeting and if he was, why was he unable to attend.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Registered

I give up. I just don't understand. I need a organizational chart or flow diagram to see how all this works!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:35 PM
TulsaLarry

What were the "additional outrageous demands" asked for by the LLC?

Old 09-30-2003, 05:16 PM
ModMachine

Originally posted by TulsaLarry
What were the "additional outrageous demands" asked for by the LLC?

Really.
WHy you being so vague, 14H?
If it was really so OUTRAGEOUS wouldnt you have posted them here to bolster your case?

Looks like the dirt flinging continues.Whatever.

Old 09-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Registered

Talking to an APBA officer today it was stated that the the contract was agreed to before going to court and that going before the judge was just a formality. When the parties lawyers got in-front of the judge the LLC's position had changed for some reason and the contract that should have been ratified today will not be and from the looks of it the LLC will no longer represent APBA in any races anymore unless something drastic happens. It was also stated that no APBA Hall of Champions will be awarded to the Offshore category, and no sanction will be issued for APBA/UIM Offshore Worlds in the foreseeable future. Any future questions can be directed to the APBA HQ in Detroit.

I am sorry to hear this news and I don't know if this is beyond repair. I know there are other groups willing to step in and take over, but I don't know how soon that could happen. APBA HQ had already negotiated insurance for the other categories with out Offshore being included because the new contract was written to have the licensee to supply their own, now they have to got back to the table and include Offshore for next year.

Again I don't know what happened, but this should have been over today.

Matthew
Old 09-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Shane
What happened to the "let's put it all behind us for the good of the sport......?"
Exactly........This bullsh*t is REALLY getting old...... I would say Offshore LLC is history....and SBI's number will climb big next season.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Registered

Default What is the truth?

There are very few truths in the world. We grow old, we die, the sun rises in the east, water freezes at 32, boats suck down money. Almost everything else is just an interpretation of an event as described by a person with their own biases and perceptions.

My own perception is that the person who started this thread has been very critical of everything the LLC has done in the past. Is there some history or agenda there? Who knows, just an interpretation of the events on my part. Certainly not a truth.

There is also a group of individuals who will consistly defend the LLC. Are they always wrong? According to the attackers, yes they are. Just another interpretation.

You all keep asking for the truth in this case. There is no such thing at the truth. Just a bunch of statements by people who have their own agendas. There are multiple groups out for their best interests, LLC, APBA, Racers, Fans, Sponsors and each of these is made up of individuals with their own agendas and motives. Now add to that an internet bulletin board environment and many interpretations (some are very entertaining) come out. The best presented interpretations are given credibility as though they are any more valid than any other interpretation. Unless one of the posters was a part of every conversation that took place in this matter, all other posts are just speculation and interpretation.

Even the final court settlement is just a point in time description that attempts to dictate how people should act based on a judges interpretation of events presented and described.

The people who make their living in this industry are truly the victims in this case, for it is their livlihoods that are being messed with. The rest of us are just rubber neckers slowing down to look at a fiery crash and wanting to know what happend.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Damn waterbum....were you a journalism major?

Well said!

Quick Reply: APBA vs. Offshore LLC Settlement?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.