OPA Question ??????????

Notices

OPA Question ??????????

Old 10-02-2003, 08:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bruse

Those are some Great Things they should think about.

I still think the class should be A.B.C. D .E not P.

Mike
Old 10-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a meeting in the off season with all the teams, with follow ups before the season begins, would be a great help to the board to put it all together.
Joe
Old 10-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Great idea Joe!
Bruce has a couple of good ideas as well. I don't think we want to have things be as rigid as F class, but certainly if we could bring some parity to the classes it would be fairer.
I still think my idea of running a timed or radar kilo run the day before the race to determine the speed class would be a good idea. You would be allowed a max of 2mph over your bracket in that run.
The reason for that is in race conditions it would be very hard to achieve that last 2mph.
I also think that it would add a lot for the race fans to see the speed runs! The more to see, the better the crowds!

TomR
P5-15 "Sonic Boom Racing"
Old 10-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Registered

Folks: In a world of bickering, lawsuits, unpaid bills and dirty laundry, the Jersey Boyz are doing a stellar job. I am proud of having been adopted.

And if you race OPA often enough, you will win.

Last edited by Peconic; 10-02-2003 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

Peconic,
I gotta agree with ya on that ...Not only the adoptions, they made it happen for allot of us this year. This has been one supportive group. I feel this organization will grow more and more every season. Offering more opportunities to new teams just starting out.
Joe
Old 10-02-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Bruce, Augie: I think we should do a little more research before we let a GPS decide our races. A lot of people treat the GPS as gospel. You can't. Especially not behind the decimal point. There is the issue of sudden spikes, which are not related to your actual speed. These spikes register on a tattle-tale.

As a test. run 2 or three independent GPS units on your boat. Watch the readouts. You won't believe your eyes.

These units disagree more than racers after a race.

I have discussed this with Ed, and I have volunteered to help out on the issue.

There are units that plot a graph. Much better. I have them, Standard Horizon.

Also, I don't think cost is an issue. The CP150 by Standard Horizon costs $370 ... 2 days worth of gas for me. If you are halfway serious about setting up your boat, you want a GPS with a digital readout anyway.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Peconic & Joe,

I couldn't agree more!!
The OPA is the best Damnn boat racing association, with the best people anywhere!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Registered

Default !

Kurt has done a great job despite obstacles and complainers, we do have room for improvment but those who have been the most outspoken critics seem to be on the shoreline watching! Typhoons 26 single engine has beaten Augies 36 twin and I have lost to both of them!! And Im not *****in !! I do think GPS is a good idea , but I also agree in time penalty not DQ,Peconic is right ,GPS accuracy is certainely not 100% and a DQ for .1 over limit ( as apba ) puts us at the mercy of electronic inaccuracys , we have room for improvment and together as an organization we need to discuss and work to make it better, Our greatest asset is our members and management (ie Kurt Smitty Augie) who are not ego freaks and just want to race ! I havnt finished a single OPA race without a break down this year and I still pay my entry fees, show up and do my best , and dam I cant wait till next year !

Jim Capie
JESSE JAMES III P4_30
Old 10-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered

Jim: You got your trophy last time Congratulations!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 11:29 AM
diamonddaveF170

Jersey Boyz Rule !!!

All problems are always worked out and that is why there is an off season, to tweak other things that arise.

Problems can be worked over the phone or at meetings.

We don't have dirty laundry ... we cause dirty laundry from others being jealous.

OPA does a great job and we will grow every year with the little tweaks.

Everyone needs room to grow from infants to major corporations.

Way to go Jersey BoyZ !!!!

David

Quick Reply: OPA Question ??????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.